PAYPAL ~~

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Has anyone else encountered similar problems with this company?
They want to hold my money now, for how long? They may lose my business..
Yes, I understand in these times moderation is ok but, how much is too much?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paypal customer

From now on, payments you receive will be temporarily held in a pending balance. This pending balance helps make sure that you'll have enough money in your account to cover any buyer claims.

Payments will be held in a pending balance for up to 21 days. :dontknow: For example, if you receive a $100 payment (after fees), the $100 will be held in a pending balance for up to 21 days. :icon_scratch: After 21 days, the money will be available for withdrawal.
The money may be released sooner if:

1. We can confirm that the item was delivered
2. Your buyer leaves positive feedback. (Applies only to eBay items.) :dontknow:

We know this is a change in the way we do business with you and we hope you understand that you haven't done anything wrong. In deciding whether to apply payment holds, we review many factors including transaction activity, business type, and customer disputes.

Payment holds are often applied to new sellers who don't have a lot of transaction history, sellers in traditionally high risk industries (for example, travel or tickets), or sellers who've had a high number of claims filed against them.

If you're a PayPal Money Market Fund customer, you'll continue to earn interest on the total balance while your money is held.

To learn more about this policy change, please read our latest funds availability policy

We appreciate your business and look forward to a continued partnership. Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Thanks,

PayPal :dontknow:

And, the want me to do this! Sounds like an Identity theft attempt
I've done all this already and because I have sold more than usual they want to punish me.

To Do

Photo ID Waiting for your response Resolve
Proof of Address Waiting for your response Resolve
Provide Invoices Waiting for your response Resolve
Supplier Contact Info Waiting for your response Resolve
Provide Proof Of SSN Waiting for your response Resolve
Confirm Location Waiting for your response Resolve
Provide proof of delivery Waiting for your response Resolve
Set credit check address Waiting for your response Resolve
Provide more information about payments Waiting for your response Resolve

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: PAYPAL B.S.

New account?

No hold on my account. That policy has actually been in place a while.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2

Pay Pal scams are plenty! I get bogus emails all the time wanting to update Pay Pal info and wanting personal info. Be careful!

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin

I've had an account with paypal for a few years, I do not recall needing to verify my SSN , I did get hit for 50 bucks a year or so ago by some Chinese guy using a password buster (program that tries thousands of passwords until it gets lucky). Paypal contacted me, I verified their email and resolved the issue quickly and got my money back, even then I didn't need to discuss my SSN.

Use caution, forward the email to them for verification.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looks Like Scam to Me.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

I received something like that, I contacted paypal and they said it was bogus.
they do not ask for SSN #'s or photo ID

somebody is trying to scam you

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't understand how there can be an issue. Log into your Paypal account and see if your funds are held. Simple as that.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have been using Paypal almost since they started, never had a problem with them holding money for long time, nor never had them ask for any info beyond when I first signed up......I have received several bogas emails claiming to be from Paypal when in fact they were not......

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter said:
I have been using Paypal almost since they started, never had a problem with them holing money for long time, nor never had them ask for any info beyond when i first signed up......I have received several bogas emails claiming to be from Paypal when in fact they were not......

Paypal does hold funds for 21 days on new accounts. I'm not sure if there are any other reasons they do it, but they do it.

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Iron Patch said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
I have been using Paypal almost since they started, never had a problem with them holing money for long time, nor never had them ask for any info beyond when i first signed up......I have received several bogas emails claiming to be from Paypal when in fact they were not......

Paypal does hold funds for 21 days on new accounts. I'm not sure if there are any other reasons they do it, but they do it.
Well, they didn't before. I checked my account and sure enough it's what they call limited access due to increased volume...of activity. So, they are holding our funds until we give them everything they want.
This is hindering my business.

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

WTF????
"We know this is a change in the way we do business with you and we hope you understand that you haven't done anything wrong. In deciding whether to apply payment holds, we review many factors including transaction activity"

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

4-H said:
Iron Patch said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Well, they didn't before. I checked my account and sure enough it's what they call limited access due to increased volume...of activity. So, they are holding our funds until we give them everything they want.
This is hindering my business.

So let me get this straight. It's an account you've had for a long time, but now that the volume has increased they are holding the funds? I haven't received a large number of payments in quite a while, but when I did I'm pretty sure others were dealing with the 21 day hold, and I was ok.

gametalman52

Jul 27, 2007
Northeast Georgia
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT, Goldbug

This happened to me last year when I sold an item for 75.00. I called the lady and she gave me cash when she showed up. I canceled paypal . I know everyone else can't do this but they can kiss it.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Easy to hate em if you don't have to send or receive money much, but if you do, in today's world there's no choice!

adh247

Oct 30, 2007
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Special Edition

They did this to me too! me and my girlfriend made a new account over the holidays, and they will hold any money you make when you sell something for 3 weeks unless that person gives you a positive feedback before the 3 weeks, then they will release your money, What kind of crap is that? you would think that they are robbing people enough, but nope, it wasnt enough. they will continue to rape people until people stop using them entirely, or until something equivilent comes out that can be as big as them... it sucks so bad, yet ebay owns them and they practically require us to use it if we want to buy something on ebay that is easily normally hard to find. Yeah it sucks, and yeah they are making things more and more pathetic for sellers.... i mean its literally like a punishment just to use them as a seller, but what are ya gonna do... pay by check, and then have them say they never got it, and also wait another week or 2 to get your item? just my 2 cents anyways.

Anthony

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Paypal has become a totalitarian entity. You are now forced to only accept Paypal (which is owned by them) for payments. If you do not keep at least a 4.8 rating, or have more than one complaint, they can punish you in all kinds of ways.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have been using paypal for 9 years, never had a problem, and I do use them......It sucks to have your money held, but it is done to protect the buyer. There use to be problems with some people getting the money then closing the bank account and never shipping the item...Buyers lost out completely.

One of the people working for the company I work for had it happen to him couple years ago. He bought a detector, paid via paypal, never got the detector, went to paypal and after they tried to get refund they advised him the seller had closed the bank account, he had no accounts at the bank any longer....

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great I just put a lyman superspot scope up for sale. Paypal has never held anything of mine yet and had several thousand dollar items go thru. Hope this is not the case now :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread