Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tryed to order a XP Gold Maxx from the UK a few days ago with wireless head phones this is the reply i recieved ?

Hello James, we put this price of 9999.99 for shipping as we cannot sell to USA any XP detectors, they operate a wireless headphone system that is illegal in US, sorry.

Regards
Nigel Ingram
Regton Ltd
82 Cliveland Street
Birmingham B19 3SN
www.regton.com
Tel: 0121 359 2379
Registered in England No.1595972

Then why can i order this machine direct from France the maufactuer to the USA with headphones or on E-Bay from France ? at a bit more cost this does not make sence unless the UK does not want US people to own a very powerful machine like this ??
If anyone knows the reason please let me know Thank You Jim
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120513454928&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Deepdiger60 said:
I tryed to order a XP Gold Maxx from the UK a few days ago with wireless head phones this is the reply i recieved ?

Hello James, we put this price of 9999.99 for shipping as we cannot sell to USA any XP detectors, they operate a wireless headphone system that is illegal in US, sorry.

Regards
Nigel Ingram
Regton Ltd
82 Cliveland Street
Birmingham B19 3SN
www.regton.com
Tel: 0121 359 2379
Registered in England No.1595972

Then why can i order this machine direct from France the maufactuer to the USA with headphones or on E-Bay from France ? at a bit more cost this does not make sence unless the UK does not want US people to own a very powerful machine like this ??
If anyone knows the reason please let me know Thank You Jim
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120513454928&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

It has something to do with the frequency I think and maybe the French just don't care that it's illegal over there. Anyway, I'm
sure it's not just the fact that we don't want you to have it :D

If you can get hold of one, they are a great machine :icon_thumleft:

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
it has to due with radio interference. if you buy one and use it here, it will create radio interference and then
the FCC could investigate.
basically it has to pass FCC regulations against radio interference
the MD also may put out more power than what is legal here

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffer said:
it has to due with radio interference. if you buy one and use it here, it will create radio interference and then
the FCC could investigate.
basically it has to pass FCC regulations against radio interference
the MD also may put out more power than what is legal here
I see but its sold in almost every counrty in the World thats not fair :-\ thanks for the Infromation ill take it with heed Jim

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
it's just like the government taking over all analog radio signals, it's all about control.
and that's been going forever

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffer said:
it's just like the government taking over all analog radio signals, it's all about control.
and that's been going forever
Heres the reply i just recieved from the dealer in the UK it dont look good

They operate a wireless headphone system that is illegal in US, not the normal operation of the machine, that's fine.

The problem comes when US Customs ask you for the FCC ?? code for approved radio devices, there isn't one for XP's, you now have a problem, you've bought a machine but can't get it through customs at your end.

Regards

Nigel Ingram

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I kind of figured it was the headphones.
could you order the md in separately from the headphones ?
or have them shipped in parts, sometimes things are legal to buy in parts, just not put together

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffer said:
I kind of figured it was the headphones.
could you order the md in separately from the headphones ?
or have them shipped in parts, sometimes things are legal to buy in parts, just not put together
Thanks i just emailed the dealer in the UK with that question i sure hope so maybe later in time i can figure out how to get those head phones
Jim

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
I will message you what you need shortly. :thumbsup:
Ok thanks iron patch im going to work now ill see it later Jim

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

Unless you are Hunting on ploughed fields in the USA, I wouldn't bother with the XP Goldmaxx Power, and if you do decide to get one, just use normal headphones :)

SS

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:

Unless you are Hunting on ploughed fields in the USA, I wouldn't bother with the XP Goldmaxx Power, and if you do decide to get one, just use normal headphones :)

SS

The problem I have with that detector is to me it felt like no matter how in tune I would have been able to get to the detector I would always be fooled by iron. Yes, that is true for all detectors to a point, but I just don't think I could achieve the level of avoiding it like I can with my explorer. I can see a lot of positives with the Goldmaxx so understand why many people like em, it's just not for me.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

The problem I have with that detector is to me it felt like no matter how in tune I would have been able to get to the detector I would always be fooled by iron. Yes, that is true for all detectors to a point, but I just don't think I could achieve the level of avoiding it like I can with my explorer. I can see a lot of positives with the Goldmaxx so understand why many people like em, it's just not for me.
It only has to good points for me, well three if you count the cordless phones. one it's light, and two it's quick....Ideal for ploughed. I know what you mean about the iron thing, still fools me still ::) but with every detector it's you who should chose what to dig and not the machine, the machine can only guide you, wether to dig or not.

SS

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
Iron Patch said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

It only has to good points for me, well three if you count the cordless phones. one it's light, and two it's quick....Ideal for ploughed. I know what you mean about the iron thing, still fools me still ::) but with every detector it's you who should chose what to dig and not the machine, the machine can only guide you, wether to dig or not.

SS

Knowing it real well would cut down the iron but it's definitely the only detector you'd want to be swinging. I rarely have to cove a lot of ground where I hunt, just find the hot spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread