NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
As of Monday the 11th. of January, I got retired :hello2:! I have been fighting with the grubbermint for my disability (SSD) for almost 3 years. It only took me 5 minutes in a courtroom to convince them that I could not work anymore (my lawyer helped) now I only have to wait 3 to 4 weeks, or 3 to 4 months for my check :o. NO! My wife said, no new equipment and she wants to go to Orlando to see the rats (If Fla. ever warms up again) :laughing9:........NGE

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!! If you ever get over here near the St Petersburg/Tampa area, let me know and we can do some detecting together! :)

Bran <><

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
3 years seems to be about the normal wait time to see a SS judge for a "disability" hearing these days --- surprized he did not do what mine did about 4 months ago -- say you can pass out movie theater tickets for a "job" , so see there is a job you can do , however due to two herniated disc at L4/L5 and severe carpel tunnel in both hands , high blood pressure, diabetes, copd and limited walking abilities ) that "light duty" sit down job is on appeal.

pleased to hear you finally got your award -- sorry to know that to get it your really messed up , unless one takes the " i'm a nut case" route --SS is getting to be next to impossible to collect .
the 3 to 4 months time frame is more like it.

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ivan, you're right about the "nut job" plea. My friend took that route about 5 years ago, he did not need a lawyer. He almost did though, to keep him out of prison, he rushed the bench and restricted the breathing to the the judge by the garments he wore. He (my friend) told him that he had about 5 minutes of breath left in his lungs (my friend) and that the judge better start saying his prayers ::). It only took him about 4 months. Forgot to mention, if it makes any difference, My friend is Irish and has fought all his life for what he has or owns.I would've told that judge, " Don't ever cross him" he doesn't care who you are :laughing7:.......NGE

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
some times you gotta fight for what your rightfully due -- lucky your freind did not get a stretch in the pokey -- assulting federal or state judges is a big no no --at times those judges do seem need a "refresher" course that they too are merely human beings it seems, and your friend just reminded him of that fact.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you won.. sure took em long enough.. sad part is many have to get a lawyer, I was lucky, I didnt go thru the government.. Luckily I had my time in from the Railroad and it was a whole lot easier.. no lawyer.. done in 6 in months time.. Way I figure it is this, I paid into this ..its my money..the government has nothing to do with mine.. Sure I could file and ss disability too..but its just not worth the hassel to me at this time.. I am happy with with I get thru my railroad retirement fund.

again am glad you won.. now once you start to get your checks you will relax and enjoy life ..

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Retirement is BLISS. I can go detecting anytime I want, take a nap and head out again for an afternoon hunt. Only have to shave or take a bath when I have a doctor appointment. :laughing7:

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Unfortunately I didn't believe anyone when they told me, that I should get a lawyer " The very first time you apply" I got the standard " ARE YOU KIDDING " what do you think we are, a retirement plan? And got promptly turned down. Then like everyone else, I got the family lawyer involved. It took all of 2 years to get a hearing date, then it was over in a flash, only 5 minutes with the judge. Now only 4 months to go. Ground should be thawed by then ;D. Florida should be warmed up again. It seems that the judge was not concerned about my twisted spine ( Chiropractors are not doctors!) S.S. told me that I couldn't claim the big ole Ventral hernia that is in my belly as a disability. The materials that I read state that you can get instant disability if are claiming anything Musco-skeletal, is that not spine, joints, anything having to do with those two calamities or C.O.P.D. which I also have. I did autobody and frame repair for 44 years, the last 20 in constant pain from my spine, knees, hands, feet, and belly hernia. The judge agreed that I could no longer perform the kind of work that I used to do, and my lawyer said I could only do light packaging (sitting down) under 10 pounds. And the judge agreed. I have not had any medical ins. since I was let go from work, I sure hope they let me get Medicare soon after I get that check, instead of making me wait another 2 years. Heck I would be able to afford getting knees fixed. My house was paid off in 2008. The only bills I have are normal utilities, and abnormal property taxes. In case anyone didn't know it, my wife has been drawing S.S.D. since 1998. She has severe Crohn's disease..........NGE

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear that the judge was on your side. I have been retired since 2002. After 43 years at the same place . I had enough. Was luckily it was a good place to work for , they had profit sharing, pension plan and 401 K. So I got out at 62 yrs of age...Have not regretted it at all. Go MD'ing when ever I feel like it . About the lawyer thing I do know a few guys that ended up getting SS Lawyers in order to speed things up for medical SS. They love to take your money for all your hard years of work , but when the time comes to give back, that's another story...
Hope 2010 brings us both good health and some good MD ing... Shane

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you Shane. I did not work at the same place for 44 years, but at several different dealers and small shops, I did work at one Ford dealership for a little over 15 years, but that was back in the mid 60's. Then a Jeep dealer for another 10 years. All in all, 44 years worth........NGE

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad you got re-tired, nge. Did you get mud grips or maybe some all weather types? (ha-ha) As to SSD, it's your money and you paid it in, every pay check. Since you're officially retired, I shall be looking forward to a lot more of those excellent pics you take.

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Rginn. Been rather busy around here lately. Mother in law had a stroke 2 days before thanksgiving, she is slowly recovering at home, and my wife is her main caregiver during the day, the rest of my inlaws are acting like outlaws towards their mother. My M-in-law lives 22 miles from us. Then there was my SSD hearing on the 11th. of Jan. When we got married in 1978, the down payment and closing costs on our hour house was paid by M-in-law and we were told that anytime we got the $$$ to pay them back, we could get the house in our name, she was approached 3 different times, and 3 times she turned us down. We could not afford to move because of my wife's long term bout with severe crohn's disease. kinda kept us in the poor house. Now the M-in-law says, " Go find a lawyer" and start the wheels a rollin'. She wants to quit claim the house to us ( no money wanted) heck we paid off the 30 year mortgage. She said she didn't want the house to go thru probate, and she doesn't want her other children to find out. So it's being done on the sly. That'll teach the ones who do not want to help. My M-in-law is 90 years old. She is just now starting to collect unemployment for the first time in her life, the township she worked for eliminated her job while she was in the hospital, she was a phone operator/receptionist for her township................NGE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions