Selling shirts may have copy right issue.

The_Griffyn

Jan 5, 2010
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Minelab SDC 2300, Minelab GM 1000
Two things....

1. I personally do not choose to endorse or promote any company for free if I'm the one spending the money to manufacture the product. If I'm given a shirt at a convention or something that's one thing, but I'm not going to spend my money to promote a business that I see no return on investment from. It's a business choice and a personal one.

2. However, Rando is right. You might simply want to just ask them. It's free promotion for them and they might say yes. They might say no because they don't want there to be any confusion- meaning that they might not want people thinking your logo is a company sponsored item. They might not like the image of whatever. Personally, I think it's a very cool logo.

My 2 Lincolns,

TG

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
There is a member on the white's forum that made t-shirts with the white's logo and a bunch of us bought them. There is another one that made business cards with the white's logo. You may want to check the White's forum and put the question there.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The_Griffyn said:
1. I personally do not choose to endorse or promote any company for free if I'm the one spending the money to manufacture the product. If I'm given a shirt at a convention or something that's one thing, but I'm not going to spend my money to promote a business that I see no return on investment from. It's a business choice and a personal one.

It could probably also be seen as form of "brand loyalty"

Bran <><

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good advice. If you're realizing a profit from a copyrighted logo without a release, you're violating the law. Some companies are cool with it, if they determine you're not going to make much of a profit and the publicity benefits them; it's a PR thing. They're all pretty much down on parodies. Ask them before you do it. And never ever put Tiger Woods on Gator-Ade bottles like they did up here.

OP
OP
ppratt

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
I emailed them (Whites) and asked I dont see an answer coming anytime soon. I wasn't selling for much profit 1 or 2 on top of cost. More for my time driving to pick them up and etc...

The reason I have the whites logo on it is becuase every member we have has a whites. Maybe if we get someone new that has an off brand I can make them a shirt with there logo on it. The place that is making them can make one or one hundred so no min on the ordering.

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why don't you just make your own design or slogan. You don't have to use a name of a company.
Here's an example I just made up you can use it if you want.

At least I didn't get skunked! (Have a picture of a metal detector outline, with a pull tab below) :laughing7:

No name, or company logo necessary and you have no worries and you can reap the profits. I would buy one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread