Hello everybody! Im new to the board

B

BigDan

Hello everybody! I'm new to the board

So glad I've found this forum. I have a feeling it may be the best find of the month...considering we're covered in snow here in Illinois. :wink:

Just a little about me, I'm near fifty, married, and have had a long, long, interest in finding anything in the ground.

My wife shares my interests. Some of our "treasure hunts" have included "mining" for gems in North Carolina, and searching the desert in California for anything of interest...although to be honest I was looking for scorpions to put in co-workers boots at work back here at home. (Factory workers...we work hard and joke hard.)

We like to walk the river and creek banks for rocks, fossils, and native artifacts. We do have some chalcedony in Illinois and the rare, wandering, lake superior agate.

Our best finds, as far as I'm concerned, are relics from a ghost town not far from our home. The whole town is nothing but a farm field...but once had a population of over 200. My wife's GGGranddad had a general store in the town, and for Mother's Day last year I surprised her by getting permission to metal detect the fields. We found old hardware where the livery stable had stood, and a couple old buttons, one brass, one ceramic. (Had some fun guessing how those might have ended up in the same place.) At the site of the old salloon/hotel we found a keyhole cover which we only wish could talk. The stories of what went on above the salloon have to be good!

My wife also does genealogical research, and finds graves around here for people all over the country.

Anyway, this has been meant as just an introduction. I have many questions, particularly about North Carolina, coming in the future. Thanks to those running this site...glad I found it!

BigDan

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Hello everybody! I'm new to the board

Welcome BigDan, you've found the absolute best treasure hunting site on the net!

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other

Hi & welcome. glad you & your wife share this together.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey BigDan, welcome to Tnet. Browse around to get a feel for what is here. :coffee2:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome to T-Net BigDan.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions