kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
No pictures here,the ground is still frozen and another storm is moving in. This has been a bad winter so far. What I'm posting about is the massive Blizzard that is striking the eastern part of the USA. I certainly know what its like not being able to get out and detect latly. I feel for you detector addicts. I definatly am one! I loathe winter and after this Blizzard you may feel the same. So I say may winter end soon and to you poor people some of us are thinking about you. Give these people some empathy....Kane 23

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a hard time not being happy about this El Nino pattern because what is usally a brutal Winter here is just the opposite and we have received very little snow.

DirtyMike

Feb 10, 2009
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harpers Ferry, WV here and we are under 30 inches and its still coming down. :o

Brendoodl

Feb 22, 2008
24" in Baltimore and counting, I was going to go out MD'ing, but my wife talked me out of it. I chatted with my hunting buddy this morning and he said he had already went out Md'ing today. I was deeply saddened by this news and asked where. He said in his back yard, he had to find his shovel, the wind blew it over and the sidewalks needed to be cleared. Enjoy, stay warm and keep the stories coming.

OP
OP
kane23

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Misery heaped on more misery! Thats what this Winter and El Nino have brought! Iron man, Dirty Mike and Brendoodl Lets just hope we all survive and see that silver coming out of the ground soon. kane 23

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kane23 said:
Misery heaped on more misery! Thats what this Winter and El Nino have brought! Iron man, Dirty Mike and Brendoodl Lets just hope we all survive and see that silver coming out of the ground soon. kane 23

My area is famous for its April fools day snowstorm... so I gotta long time to go yet.

OP
OP
kane23

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
kane23 said:

My area is famous for its April fools day snowstorm... so I gotta long time to go yet.

The thought of more snow and winter chills me to the bone! I hope the April fools storm misses you this year. We've had snow as late as the first week of June before. Someone put a hit on old man winter now...Kane23

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Fortunately for the people here in WNY we've been able to avoid any of the major storms. Usually it's the other way around. but it is still cold and certainly time is better spent at the library and the county records offices finding out any other potential sites. Hope the people down below us have their shovels ready and those snowblowers they bought in the 70's serviced for some heavy work.

bulltab

Jun 30, 2003
Well brother, living here in minnesota is no walk in the park either,,we normally have 1 blizzard a year, we have had 6 now, we have about 3ft of snow on the ground since christmas,, however i have found 2 gold rings in the snow so that brightens my day.. i'm beginning to hate this winter,, but when march comes around it'll be better. hang in the bro!

S

seger98

Just so ya'll can hate someone, I went metal detecting today. Just for a half hour before it started raining. :hello:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Chris&Kathy said:
Just so ya'll can hate someone, I went metal detecting today. Just for a half hour before it started raining. :hello:
I hope you found something......I've been chasing alarm's around my building's since 3:00 am.Power bump after power bump and I'm still here with the 30" of snow.Reset after reset then here come's another glich to the system >:( I need a fix BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fortunately this time the Blizzard stayed south west of us if anything we will get lite snow if any but the temps are still low and the winds at 30kts the ground is still frozen rock hard the last Blizzard the Town snow plows knocked down my mail boxes and there still down 3 weeks the ground is just to hard to dig hopefully all this cold will end soon . Even the Bay is starting to freeze up .

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For sure.
I was just talking about my northern friends this morning and what you must be dealing with. :-\ Hold on a little longer! Spring will be here! :icon_sunny:

Thinking about ya!

Nana :)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana40 said:
For sure.
I was just talking about my northern friends this morning and what you must be dealing with. :-\ Hold on a little longer! Spring will be here! :icon_sunny:

Thinking about ya!

Nana :)

Me too, but it's my Southern friends! :laughing9:

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Just shovelled 28 inches. Thought about detecting the drift to find my truck. If I hear one more person whine about global warming, I'm going to puke. As for my northern friends, you elected to live on a glacier. My state's brochure claims reasonable temps with four distinct seasons. I am filing a complaint with the chamber of commerce.

I do not want anyone to be upset by my global warming remark. I too am very concerned about the plight of the polar bear. But at this point, they could live in my back yard (I'm sure that stray cats taste just like seal.).

Fathead

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Stopped snowing here in NJ about 24 inches. The beaches got beat up pretty bad. Low tide is around 7:30am and I'll be there around 6:30am it should be about 20 degrees. Last time this happened one could pick coins up off the top of the sand as well as detect them.steve

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buried Crap NJ said:
Stopped snowing here in NJ about 24 inches. The beaches got beat up pretty bad. Low tide is around 7:30am and I'll be there around 6:30am it should be about 20 degrees. Last time this happened one could pick coins up off the top of the sand as well as detect them.steve

Yep, that's the one place the snow won't stop you!

Mark S.

Jan 25, 2005
I would like to have pity on you people but there is a small smile on my face. Some of you get to hunt all year and now you are getting a taste of what us yankees put up with for many months. (I am just yanking your chains! Well Maybe!) As DMN said, we have not had it too bad in western New York this year.

And just for the record. 2 feet of snow is not really a blizzard. It's a heavy snow that would just slow us down for a few hours.

I just called my brother in MD. No answer but I left him a message and ask him if he wanted me to take the snowmobiles down to him.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I'm just out of Annapolis MD we got about 30 inches! Lost a pine tree @ 2:30am that fell over the road (thank you to the annonymous bobcat driver who moved it) I kept up with the snow all night long all night 6 inches at a time. the wife and I shoveled the driveway 7 times. Atleast now I can sit back and watch the Busch Clash on TV tonight with a cold one!

When is Beach Season!

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
And just for the record. 2 feet of snow is not really a blizzard. It's a heavy snow that would just slow us down for a few hours.
==================================================================
You're right, 2 feet of snow here slows us down to about 45 mph. But I did spend over 4 hours out there
digging 2 vehicles out of that 'white global-warming stuff' just to get them about 15 feet to the street.
No where to go from there, the nearest plowed street so far is nearly 1/2 mile away. Even the all-wheel
drive cars can't move, they have no ground clearance & don't function well as snow plows. But it's still
ridiculous that they declared a 'state of emergency' over 2 feet of snow. Poor dears just don't want to shovel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread