Crossman 760

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for bringing back memories of my back yard hunts. I still have the Dasiy Red Rider I had as a kid and plink cans with it in the yard with grandkids.

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
you'll put your eye out kid!

I must be older........I had the daisy red ryder! Now that was old school!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
morning spooker: You posted -->Ever fire the flat tipped ones BACKWARDS?

You cottin pickin right I did, absolute murder on rats etc at close range. Never needed more than one shot.

I had both the Crossman and Sheridan .20, the Sheridan sits in the closet right now. I also used the Sheridan on one of my expeditions for small game. Did just nicely, for rabbits and dove. But it never replaced the .22 pistol for all around use.

I am thinking of the newer ones at about 12-1400 fps and that are extremely accurate. The pump up ones are not too accurate since the pressure depends upon how soon after pumping up that you shoot. As the compressed air cools, it loses pressure, hence variable velocities. The spring loaders are far more accurate for this reason.

Firearm permits in Mexico are almost impossible to get.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
First BB gun I had was the Daisy 'spittin image' that looked like the 30-30 Winchester lever action.
Still have one & my Crossman 760 is left at camp in the mountains. My favorite so far is the Sheridan
.20, I packed it into the Bob Marshall Wilderness while on an elk hunt. We used it on those spruce
grouse , no noise to spook the elk. The guides had fun with it & called it a .338 mag pellet gun. Pretty
accurate piece.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had/have the Red Ryder rifle, then a Crossman 1377 pump pistol. Great fun!

These days I like to shoot a CZ 452, 28" barrel with CB Longs in it. I shoot 46' in my basement, no hearing protection required. The sound of the bullet hitting the trap is louder than the report. ;D ;D Lotsa fun!

RGINN - You sure its the gun and you are not tightening your grip while pulling the trigger. :laughing7: :laughing7:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Don,

I buy locally as much as possible in order to support local business but am not always to find what I want when I need it. Here is a link to one supplier I use for the CBs.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=CC0038&src=tpCtgAm

I must admit my knowledge of the laws where you are is quite limited but if you are able to purchase them Natchez is a good company to deal with.

Here is pic of the rifle I so like to shoot these through.

Attachments

• cz 452 gun.jpg
    cz 452 gun.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 295

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spooky said:
DigginThePast said:
Hi Don,

I buy locally as much as possible in order to support local business but am not always to find what I want when I need it. Here is a link to one supplier I use for the CBs.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=CC0038&src=tpCtgAm

I must admit my knowledge of the laws where you are is quite limited but if you are able to purchase them Natchez is a good company to deal with.

Here is pic of the rifle I so like to shoot these through.
heh..
That's funny, you posted the same link I did for the Colibri ammo..

And that CZ is a FINE rifle.....

:icon_thumleft:

:laughing9: :laughing9:
I love shooting the Colibri from a revolver or a semi-auto if you manually cycle the slide. A little dirty but not too noisy in the basement, another one you don't need the hearing protection for. Sometimes ya just feel like shooting but don't feel like driving. ;D

Burnt Chimney

Nov 14, 2008
Hornet Nest North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT F-75 AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 760 was the weapon of choice in my time . we found you could load a BB and a pellet together, for what reason I don't know. I did find that a Q-tip cut just behind the swab worked well for indoor shooting and it would leave a whelp for nearly a week :laughing7:
BC

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI spooker, gentlemen: Aguila is the Mexican brand. In Mexico one must show a permit for the weapon which will use that ammo. Legally, no permit, no ammo. Permits are as hard to find as spooker in a church or a gal for hire in the church choir.

They are beginning to relax a bit now, however, I have my weapons stored in the US until such time that they come back to their senses. I miss my .357 S&W mod 29 Hiway Patrol, with the 4" barrel and Keith long range front sight, I carried it all over until ----, even slept with it down around my hips where it was easily accessed unoticably..

Hi powered air rifles are grudgingly allowed. They even have a breech loading .22 which uses a blank cartridge similar to the construction guns. You load a round ball first, then the blank, then turn the bolt to lock it. Mendoza is the Mexican air rifle manufacturer, they also make military arms.

I have sent for the latest catalogues on accurate, hi powered air rifles, they sound fascinating. Shooting grass hoppers at 15 meters sheesh.

The little Sheridan provided many a meal, making extended explorations possible, also it is relatively quiet, a huge plus in the still wild, lawless back country.

Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate your data.

M O R E stories please.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Burnt Chimney said:
The 760 was the weapon of choice in my time . we found you could load a BB and a pellet together, for what reason I don't know. I did find that a Q-tip cut just behind the swab worked well for indoor shooting and it would leave a whelp for nearly a week :laughing7:
BC
Ohhhh, you didn't just tell me that. Now i gotta try it. ;D

Brian, come on down and bb war with me brother! :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread