50 States of snow.

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I heard on the radio today that right now all 50 states have snow in them right now. Even Hawaii on some mountain. They said that this does not happen very often in all 50 states at once. They didn't say specifically but I think they mean snow that has accumulated on the ground. Not actively falling snow. Just thought this was interesting. There is still about a foot of snow here in most places. HH!

TG

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell me about it, the snow here broke a 32 year old record.

I never thought I would have to shovel snow in N. Texas, time to move again :wink:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather man up here in Maine said that snow was in 49 out of 50, with Hawaii being the only one without snow. Guess he was wrong. Defenitly been a winter to remember. And one I would like to forget. :wink:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mainer said:
The weather man up here in Maine said that snow was in 49 out of 50, with Hawaii being the only one without snow. Guess he was wrong. Defenitly been a winter to remember. And one I would like to forget. :wink:

No, I seen the same thing and Hawaii was excluded, was on CNN or FOX, can't remember. They did seem to think it was the first time this has occured since things began being recorded.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cousin down in Farmersville, TX said they got nine inches of snow, and it's more than he remembers, and he's been there a long old time. Lucky for him I have snow blowers and snow shoes for sale, which we haven't needed much here in the very center of the Rockies and home to several major ski areas.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Are you trying to start a riot?

;D

Man, I'm in NC.
I detect any day I want normally.
This year I have been cursed by the the nasty bird that dumped his white stuff on us.

Scuse the puhn but, I think it was this little pecker.

Attachments

• emu.jpg
    emu.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 179

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
A couple weeks ago a buddy and I set out to go into the desert, we got out and started walking into the canyon we wanted to explore and found we had at the very least 6 inches of snow to deal with.
on the way out it started fresh snow, so we headed back.
when we got home i looked into the National weather service and there was no end in sight.
I think we should go out and find these global warming nuts and tar and feathers would be a good start. I'm also considdering burning at the stake.
at least we could be warm.

B

BIG61AL

snow is a four letter word that sucks like another four letter word...

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been one of the craziest winters I can remember. My neighbors dog froze to death when it was real cold and it was in the house.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Snow?? What's that? I'm in Phoenix and it's going to be 78 today. Had my A/C on yesterday while sitting in my truck :icon_sunny:

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazyjarhead said:
Snow?? What's that? I'm in Phoenix and it's going to be 78 today. Had my A/C on yesterday while sitting in my truck :icon_sunny:
You're lucky.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CK-CacheNGoldHunter said:
crazyjarhead said:
You're lucky.
That's what I like about being an independent truck driver from Ohio........I can go where I want, when I want to escape the cold. I'm going to hang around California this weekend and maybe Florida next week :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Texasgopher

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
crazyjarhead said:

Thanks for rubbing it in jarhead! :cussing: JK. It got up to 55 today so it's starting to get really nice again.

TG

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It got up to 60 here . I hope it will start to stay warm once march gets here but sometimes it snows in march.

OP
OP
Texasgopher

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I hope it stays warm too! But last year it snowed in May. Now that was strange. Now I probably jinxed it. :wink:

TG

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember last year I was up in the mountains prospecting and I got caught in a freak snow storm.

travel

Dec 27, 2007
summertown georgia
Well we live in south ga. 90 mile from savannah and we had 4 inches of snow friday we would like to have some of the global warming to, first time in 15 years we have had snow, been a lot colder here to . most of the time at christmas we are in shorts but not this year. ready for spring and warmer weather. :icon_scratch:

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Texasgopher said:
crazyjarhead said:

Thanks for rubbing it in jarhead! :cussing: JK. It got up to 55 today so it's starting to get really nice again.

TG

:laughing7: :laughing7: I'm not. I'm just happy for myself as my wife is back home suffering. It feels so good though to see the sun everyday and no rain or snow. The NHRA is having a big event this weekend but I have to head over to Southern Cal. today where it's to rain Friday night.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread