Do you dream about metal detecting?

jackie blue

Dec 4, 2003
NC
Because of finances and other things, I sold my Ace 250 a couple of years ago and haven't hunted since. That apparently hasn't stopped me from dreaming about metal detecting. Last night's dream was about my in-laws back yard, which is on a lake. In the dream, I used a feed scoop to pick up sand and all kinds of treasure, especiallyy coins and tools my husband dropped over the years. My subconscience must be telling me to get back into MD, esp since my husband works in a beach area 2 hours from home. Perfect places to detect but haven't gotten my butt in gear.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Yep !
Seems like opportunity for big treasure is awaiting you, JB.
Post pics for us...we like pics !

And yes, I have had dreams about valuable recoveries...

Best
rmptr

B

BIG61AL

assuming you still have all all your metal detecting gear then all you need is the detector itself. Then its just a matter of getting enough cash to get another unit.
let me give you as many ideas to help you reach you goal with out hurting to much in the purse.

1. If you have any unwanted gold or silver jewelry sell them to midwest refineries [they are on the net]. they will give you the best price for gold/silver than anyone else. All valueable stones should be removed and sold separately. Of course any rare or expensive stuff like Rolex's should be sold elsewhere.
2. sell some unused/unwanted stuff on eBay. Doesn't every body have a pile of junk just getting dusty
3. trade in all those aluminum cans for cash at the recyclers. copper is good too. save every bit of wire from anything you throw away that's busted.
4. can you or husband do any handy man type jobs for someone. A Little work for a quick twenty adds up fast.
5. Can you request to work some over time and put the extra cash in a special fund for your detector.
6. when grocery shopping try to spend "x" amount less and eat some food from your pantry instead. we could eat for two weeks on the food in our pantry.
7. try to not buy things that you don't really need like that $7 starbuck coffee. a few weeks of that will add up big.
8. go junking. Some communities have special days of the month where larger items and big piles of trash are picked up. We used to get alot of toys and bikes that way as a kid. Even a partisl bike can be rebuilt to made usable and sold for $10 or more with just a little effort, some hand tools and maybe a tire patch kit. There may be loads of valuable stuff to be found too. I even read on the TN of someone finding silver coins in the trash.
9. does any one owe you money? well it's still your money - ask for it until you get it.
Anyone else have any other ideas?

good luck and get out there and find some treasure!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with big61al if you town has a big trash pickup. Go around and pick you the big items washer, dryers, stoves, micowaves, anytthing that is metal cut off the copper wirer and take everything in and sell it for scrap metal. Here in Ohio scrap is up to $165 a ton. It will not take long to get a ton of scrap. My son dose this every year and makes around a $1000 for the week. Not back....Matt

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winter is the best time to find a second hand detector. Besides eBay try Craigslist or your local Bargain News or Penny Saver. You'd be surprised, someone gets a detector, doesn't really know how to use it and gets frustrated and puts it in a closet or sells it. Good Luck, Hope you get back into it..Rich.

B

BigDan

I hope you can get back into it.

But the question I have is:

Do you wake up with 6 inch deep holes in the mattress? :laughing7:

scrubber

Apr 1, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I hope you can get back into it.

BigDan said:
But the question I have is:

Do you wake up with 6 inch deep holes in the mattress? :laughing7:

I wouldn't touch that comment with a ten foot pinpointer. ;D

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have woken up holding my probe :laughing7:

OP
OP
jackie blue

jackie blue

Dec 4, 2003
NC
Thank you for your replies and suggestions. Between 2 mortgages and an apt rent it's hard to set aside a lot of money, but there are things that I can cut out of the budget. Hope to be back outside soon!

--- JB

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some beach in the Caribbean. Heck, even Florida would do.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had the same dream a few times about finding some great coins in a creek. Not sure why there, because I don't hunt them, but maybe I should. I did find my 1777 8 reale very close to one though.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
I had a dream that I found a huge gold cross with spanish markings on it.it was in a narrow valley
between a big boulder and a seasonal stream.it was very close to the surface like it was put there or lost.it was very vivid and had me checking topo's but years later I have not checked it out.I should just for the adventure and fun.lol :icon_pirat:

I purchased a Tesoro Campadre recently and have not taken it out yet(snow),but very impressed
with the air and gold test.it was $151.00 free shipping.my main unit is a xlt and I have a silver Umax
for light weight hiking.the Campadre has a fixed coil and I will keep it fully assembled to throw in the
trunk real quick to hit up fresh water beaches down the road after work.

one good gold find can pay for this unit.

may your dreams come true. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread