Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't we work out all these problems for you on mytractorforum.com??

Are we going to have to do all your homework for you?

You can't learn like that. You need to master the basics and work out the problems :thumbsup:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More importantly, what is pneumatic math, and is it a desirable job skill? (Not jokin)

S

stefen

RGINN said:
More importantly, what is pneumatic math, and is it a desirable job skill? (Not jokin)

A partial job skill in that the formula's are applicable from time to time, specifically to applied fluid mechanics...liquid pumps, push/pull capacities...

Watching grass grow is more exciting :thumbsup:

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
last time I used any fluid math was for a log splitter I built about 5 years ago

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Stefen. I actually thought at first it might be related to how much fluid you needed in a hydraulic jack. The math skills I find most desirable in my employees are 'My Dear Aunt Susan'. (Multiply, divide, add, subtract)

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mackaydon: Vedic Math obviously. Don't need any paper or calculator to do quadratic equations, cube roots etc. for example. Don't even need to take off your shoes, just use your mental abilities. Do them in your head.

Don Jose de La Mancha

F

Felinepeachy

Mackaydon said:
My dad was taught "Arithematics", I was taught "Math", my younger brother was taught "New Math". So is "Pneumatic Math" the next progression?

Hahaha, I remember new math.

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's one of the questions he posted on other forums that was worked out for him.

Here is a example,,, Two hundred cubic feet of air at 14.7 psia is compressed to 90 psig. What volume of receiver is required? Another,,, A cylinder has a 3.0 inch bore and a 0.75 inch diameter rod extending from both sides of the piston, if the cylinder is pressurized by 100 psig air so that the rod is extended what force is developed by the cylinder?

Anyhow, he got the answers to his homework but he just don't seem to get the basics.

Either that or he is just getting a kick out of posting these same math questions on every forum under the sun.

It's starting to become spam to me when I see it on all the different forums I visit.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pneumatic math? I know math sucks but does it compress as well? I like hydrulics better. We don't need no stinkin compression.

What ever happened to F.I.T.A.S.B.? (Fill it till a seal breaks?)

S

stefen

Charlie P. (NY) said:
Pneumatic math? I know math sucks but does it compress as well? I like hydrulics better. We don't need no stinkin compression.

What ever happened to F.I.T.A.S.B.? (Fill it till a seal breaks?)

Or B.T.F.P.T.M. (beat to fit, paint to match)

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is pneumatic math different from pneudraulic math? :icon_scratch: The old F-106 Delta Dart jet interceptors used pneudraulics in it's missile doors and rails actuation. Glad I didn't have to design them. Just had to WORK with the damned things. The airplane was a good one; the actuation system sucked............especially in cold weather.

OP
OP
T

theo

Sep 7, 2009
Hello Everyone, Sorry i havent responded for a few day's, been working 12 hr. shifts. First off I've only posted on one other forum asking for help, I'am not getting my kick's just doing this! I really need some help trying to do this math. It's a long story that i really dont have time to get into right now but i can tell you that this is about age,, the company i work for is making me go through this course because i bid this job and they feel i am to old to learn it! ( I am 56 yr. old ) Its a 4 year course and they feel i cant do it! Well i can get all the question parts of it by reading the book's but i am really having trouble with the math! We didnt have this math when i was in school, we just learned the basic's,, and I'll be the first to admit that i wasnt good at that! I really am trying to grasp this math but for some reason it's really hard for me. Mr Jeep, sorry to hear that you dont like me posting on all this forum's , like i say i'am not getting off on this, just that i need help with the math and i thought the other forum member's were getting tired of me asking this stuff ( but i did see that they wanted to know if i had anymore after i posted on here ) I'am not trying to make anyone mad,, just trying to get through this course the best i can! I did work out a few of the problems on my own after getting advice from the other forum member's,,,and i will take the answers they gave me and try to work the problem out to see how they did come up with the answer's. Alot of this stuff i will never use on this job, they in my mind are just punishing for bidding the job. I have to prove them wrong! One of the questions in the book's was " What is the boiling point of oxygen? " I in my 56 years of life have never even thought about that! And like i said earlier i will never use all this stuff on this job. Anyway I am going to ask the member's on here that if i post some of the problem's on here to see if anyone can help me with these , would it be ok with the membership to do so? If not i wont bother posting any on here. I do "get into this site as i have a minelab exp. and i read all the stuff you fellow's post! :help:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread