spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net. You don't even have to go outside to practice your machine. I would suggest laying down a few pennies, nickles, dimes, quarters, pull tab and a piece of jewelry on the floor and run the machine over it and get used to the sounds. You will get it down pat in no time.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Tim, welcome to treasurenet forum and detecting. The rules here are quite simple: send me 10% of the value of all your finds, and you are allowed to remain here on T'net ;D

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
spartacus53 said:
Welcome to T-Net. You don't even have to go outside to practice your machine. I would suggest laying down a few pennies, nickles, dimes, quarters, pull tab and a piece of jewelry on the floor and run the machine over it and get used to the sounds. You will get it down pat in no time.

Except for the rebar in concrete and the nails or screws in wood....I think the outdoors is a much better choice...No offense intended here either. Just my take on learning that machine.
~Nash~

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nashoba said:
spartacus53 said:

Except for the rebar in concrete and the nails or screws in wood....I think the outdoors is a much better choice...No offense intended here either. Just my take on learning that machine.
~Nash~
Correct on using it outside. Homes have other things that will make the detector unstable, like wiring in the walls. Find a clean piece of ground with no metals and lay down some different coins, nails, pull tab, gold ring an wave the coil over them using different settings to get a feel for what it does. Practice pinpointing so you can do that well so you won't have to dig a hole and can only use a screw driver to get the shallow coins.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the wonderful world of detecting!

Check back about mid summer and we'll give you some tips on lawn repair. ;D

Badger

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wellcome a board your on your way. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread