NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Yesterday the founder of Michigan treasure hunters ( MTH ) passed away. He founded the club in 1974, and it is still going strong. I met Al back in 1975 through his son-in-law, Bill Kennedy, who owned Plymouth Metal Detectors in Plymouth, Michigan. Bill preceeded Al in death when his car was hit head-on by a double bottom gravel hauler while he was on his way to an archery competition. Both are sorely missed. I joined the club in early 1976 and am still a member. My member number is #17. Just in case there are people here that knew Al and may not have heard about his passing, consider yourselves notified. If this is in the wrong class, please move it for me. Thanks........NGE

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I read about it on the GLMD site. It is truely sad to see someone we know pass on.

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks sandman, But I know that there are many others here that knew Al. There are a lot of hunters from other parts of michigan that frequent this site. Heaven forbid something ever happens to us, I would like the world that I frequented, to know about my passing and not just let them guess if I quit the site......NGE

silversnacher

Jun 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I joined the club in 2012 so I never know him :(. But it is a great club!

Dick Stout

Mar 23, 2006
Southwest
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met and corresponded with Al many years ago when starting the FMDAC. Great guy....sorry to hear about his passing. Seems to be happening a lot of late. Then again when you hit my age it's to be expected I guess. Thanks for sharing that.

ds
Stout Standards

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread