Kicked out of my local park... Should I fight it??

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
liftloop said:
It must of been a guy with a mine lab who cut the line ,his detector told him it was silver. :thumbsup:
I still thinck it was a mine lab user.who cut that line. :thumbsup: :violent1: :boxing:

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think someone MAY have cut a small irrigation line, or something like that.. I am quite sure no one cut through a "main" line.... They would be dead..
I also asked the mayor about a "$10,000.00" repair bill, he hadnt seen any bill like that... He laughed at that one too...

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:hello2: :hello2: :hello2: Congrats on the outcome! To bad there aren't more people like your Mayor in office around the country. It's really nice to hear of a "Win" for a change.

Happy Hunting

Desertfox

Yard Digger

Dec 20, 2009
Manila, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 with Bounty Hunter Headphones and TX-2002 Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Surfer is #1!!! :notworthy:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The Mayor, and you feel free to call him up if you want, but you cannot do that in here"... I then said to him, while showing him my pouch that was full of can slaw, and even broken bottles with the caps on.. "You realize how much we pick up here?"... He then says "yeah, and how much of what you find to you share with the city, or do you keep it all for yourself?"
At this point, he drove off and I was really feeling down.

Seriously !

Go offer to Share your can slaw, and even broken bottles with the caps
with the City !

Actually he Drove off Meaning he felt "Defeated"

B

BigDan

Is that mayor interested

In a higher office? Nice read, great job Mr. Silver Surfer.

B

BIG61AL

AMEN BROTHER! Glad to hear that our rights were not quashed by some hollowed headed, power tripping bully. Every paycheck and every purchase we make has taxes taken out for those parks and they belong to the public and that means you, me and all our fellow detectors too. As long as we don't rip up the ground and keep removing trash what we do is 100% legal. WE as a whole do more to keep the parks in good shape than the general public does when they use it. We are the good guys and gals and we deserve to be respected and not harassed while using the public parks.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your mayor is a good guy, odds are that a guy like lawnmower guy is rubbing more than you the wrong way. If I were mayor, I'd be interested in why he was shredding pop cans into sharp slaw rather than picking them up, beer bottles too.

If someone is looking to fire him, they need documentation or at least some excuses, and you've given that to the mayor it seems to me.

Good work. You've both made friends.

Pay him back, and write a nice letter in the paper backing him up for some issue.

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Good job! The problem is with these guys is they figure no one is going to fight back so they make up their own rules. His saying "the mayor feel free to call him" would have put most people off and they wouldn't have bothered thinking well maybe he did know the mayor. Sounds like a bully to me and I am glad you decided to politely fight it.

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spooky said:
This is a shining example of how to properly pursue and demand equal treatment in a recognized recreational activity.

i think THIS deserves another "honorable mention"

:hello2:
Well thanks guys... I am just glad that I was able to succeed, and also that in my "old age" I am learning how to be more diplomatic instead of being hot headed like I was (and still can be sometimes)... I do however, have to give the Mayor a lot of credit. He could have just as easily been an arse and refused to even listen to what I had to say, and simply sided with his worker... I did "impress" on him right away that I would pursue legal means if I had to, unless there was a specific law or ordinance that prohibited my activity..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread