Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
;D

My buddy Paul in Hawaii sent me this picture of a 4 pound octopus that attacked his detecting coil.

Here's his email:

Aloha Mikey
How are the wife and baby doing?
Aloha, on Tuesday night I hunted in the water with my Excalibur 800 and this octopus attacked my coil. I was just hunting in waist deep water and all I saw was this shadow coming towards my detector in the dark. At first I did not know what it was till I turned on my headlight. Man you talk about getting the shi_ scared out of you. The octopus grabbed on to my coil and was climbing up my detector. I tried hitting it with my scoop but I could not get it off. So I went back to the shore and grabbed it’s head and threw it on the sand. I then hit it with my scoop; it looks like I will be smoking some octopus tomorrow. The octopus weighed in at 4 pounds and here in Hawaii it cost $10.00 a pound.

After all the excitement I continued my hunt. The first target of the night was this small 18k white gold ring. I hunted for 2 hours and my take was a 4-pound octopus, 1/25,1/10,2/01,silver earring and the 2.17-gram white gold ring.

Tonight I'M going back to the beach that I have found some gold in the past and see what I can find. The last time I hunted this 4 pound octopus attacked my coil. Here is a pic of it.

HH, Paul

Attachments

• 4 pound tako(2).jpg
    4 pound tako(2).jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 198
  • 3-16-10 white gold ring.jpg
    3-16-10 white gold ring.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 184

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet they had octopus salad for dinner, with onions, oil and vinegar.. yum yum :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread