Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to my post office box today to get my mail. Now I am kind of down on my luck with finances right now, but hey, I got my mail. In with my mail was a cardboard blue and white envelope like the ones FedEx and UPS uses to ship letters.

The blue and white envelope with the name "NIELSEN" on it along with, "We've produced the TV Rating for over 50 years" on it as well from Oldsmar, Florida

Well, being I am down on my luck with money, I am standing there insdie the post office going through junk mail, what to keep and what to throw away. Well as I was almost putting this in the trash something told me to open it. So I listened to my gut instint. I opened it, along with the letter BS from Nielsen, there were 2 BRAND NEW CRISP $1.00 BILLS. Now I know it isn't much and to my disbelief, I held the dollar bills up to the light as well as to the outside window to see if they were real. To my liking I am $2.00 richer.

Like I said, it may not be much to do anything with, but it is money!

I would suggest if you get this envelope, open it as you may get lucky as I did. I am just curious as to how many people they sent this to if they ALL include (2) $1.00 bills!

If you had already recieved it and threw it out as junk mail, you just threw away $2.00 :laughing7:

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the tip, that's nice to know. thanks much, take care. ron

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never gotten one of those envelope yet and will keep my eyes pealed for it. Thanks for the tip. :hello:

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
I did a survey for Nielsen a year or two ago and every time they sent me a letter there was cash in
it. I think I got a total of $15 for recording what radio stations my family listened to for a week.
There are more companies like this out there. If you register on this web site you can see all
surveys available and what they pay, plus lots of other freebies.
http://www.spoofee.com/
Enjoy,
Paul

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread