mjhsr

Feb 15, 2010
Southern Plains
Hello to all!

Been a member for a couple of weeks but finally got the nerve to post something..........

I was bored one night when the History Channel Jesse James Treasure show came on. I hesitate to confess that this was what gave me treasure fever since I have read some less than "two thumbs up" reviews by treasure hunters out there but here is the deal:

Those symbols I saw reminded me of symbols I ran across in a small cave where I used to play as a kid. Back then I just knew the "cavemen" had carved them but since watching that special I have gone back to that place and found that there are quite a few more symbols that I never saw as a kid and that they make no sense. My avatar picture shows the one that I remembered as a kid. No idea what it means.

I tried telling my story to a couple of people that I know but it is so unimaginable to the average Joe that there might be buried treasure out there that they just laugh. Hence, you all are my new support group. :hello2:

So anyway, now I am trying to absorb all that I can find regarding treasure symbol identification and meaning.

By the way, anyone know of a good metal detector for starting out?

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: Welcome! Hope to see some of your treasures soon!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the hobby and addiction. All of us started somewhere. I think I got mine from looking for four leaf clovers as a lil kid and it got worse from there. As for what detector should you start with it depends on if you want a meter or not. Tesoro Silver Umax is a good starting detector and many experinced hunters use it too. Many like the Garrett Ace 250 as it has a lot of features for the price. Just stick to the major brands and you will do OK for learning.

desert dog

Oct 27, 2009
kingman az
Detector(s) used
new coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELCOME

Attachments

• X-Star.jpg
    X-Star.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 143
  • X-Star.jpg
    X-Star.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 143
OP
OP
mjhsr

mjhsr

Feb 15, 2010
Southern Plains
Thank you all for the warm welcome as well as the suggestions for metal detectors and symbol research!

Hopefully I can provide some updates one of these days!

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QDII / Cen Tec Pinpointer
Welcome. I like my Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II.
Simple to use and i think it is great for ppl just starting out. (like me)

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
when you buy a MD go for quality like the Ace 250, like sandman said, it's arguably the best for the money and features

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread