What is the best pinpointer out there??

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SunRay.

No additional batteries, uses your detectors display and your headphones, waterproof and you'll never leave it behind or misplace it accidently. Has the perfect sensitivity/depth for pinpointing.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detectorpro Uniprobe, it is an inline, works on multiple detectors so you can use it on more then one detector if your like me and own several, it easily detects from 1/2 inch to 4-6 inches depending on soil conditions...........

http://www.detectorpro.com/uniprobe.htm

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with the sunray. Wouldnt go without one. But if an inline is not for you, alot of people are loving the garrett propointer.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my Garrett propointer. So far it is the best one that I have had and it give great depth......Matt

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Spooky said:
Charlie P. (NY) said:
SunRay.

No additional batteries, uses your detectors display and your headphones, waterproof and you'll never leave it behind or misplace it accidently. Has the perfect sensitivity/depth for pinpointing.

This.

If you do NOT want an inline, I have used the White's bullseye2 for YEARS.
If it breaks or wears out, they will more than likely REPLACE it for free.
Like metal detectors, if you can find a warranty like this you can't go wrong.
I will tell you however I on a Sun-ray intruder inline probe and a Detector-pro pistol probe.
The Sun-Ray is affixed to my Minelab etrac.

I really like the feture that the inline probe is attached to my machine and the fact I can't leave it laying in the woods like I have other hand probes in the past. ahem! (and like a few other buddy's)
The detector-pro however seems to get more depth..(excuse me. Does get more depth)..Of course using 2 9v batteries it should get some depth huh?
I have heard good things about the Whites, and again, with a warranty like Brian has mentioned how can you go wrong?

My choice in the long run has to be the Sun-ray inline probe for convenience and simplicity..

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
I have the Bullseye II and just ordered a Garrett pro pointer from Kellyco and that will be my primary with the Bullseye as a backup

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:
Spooky said:
Charlie P. (NY) said:
SunRay.

This.

If you do NOT want an inline, I have used the White's bullseye2 for YEARS.
If it breaks or wears out, they will more than likely REPLACE it for free.
Like metal detectors, if you can find a warranty like this you can't go wrong.
I will tell you however I on a Sun-ray intruder inline probe and a Detector-pro pistol probe.
The Sun-Ray is affixed to my Minelab etrac.

I really like the feture that the inline probe is attached to my machine and the fact I can't leave it laying in the woods like I have other hand probes in the past. ahem! (and like a few other buddy's)
The detector-pro however seems to get more depth..(excuse me. Does get more depth)..Of course using 2 9v batteries it should get some depth huh?
I have heard good things about the Whites, and again, with a warranty like Brian has mentioned how can you go wrong?

My choice in the long run has to be the Sun-ray inline probe for convenience and simplicity..

I prefer the Detectorpro Uniprobe, I had the Detectorpro Pocket probe and it worked great, but with the uniprobe it is inline, can't loose it like a hand probe, it is adjustible between 1/2 inch and 4-6 inches and best of all I can use same probe on my Sovereigns, my Whites, and My Fisher... :icon_thumright:

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
I have both the White's and Garrett's pinpointers. Both work well with the Garrett's getting about 1/3 more range. Keep in mind that I would rather also have a Sunray inline it's just that I have not settled on any one high end detector yet so eventually I will have at least one of these also.

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I upgraded from the Auto V4 to the Garrett propointer. I do NOT recommend the V4. Way to fragile and had crappy depth. The Garrett is one touch, great depth/sensitivity, smaller and is built like a rock. Wouldn't get a V4 again if I had to. Just my opinion of course.

TG

OP
OP
orion024

orion024

Jan 4, 2010
I was wandering if a guy could go wrong with a $60.00 Bounty Hunter Pinpointer?? Did anybody ever use one of these? If it gets the depth their detectors get, how could you go wrong (plus its half the cost of most pinpointers) ?? !!

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garrett ProPointer is the best hand held pinpointer around bar none. You would be hard pressed to find a single bad review of this product. It is very well made and works like a champ. You will not be disappointed with it like you will be with the AutoMax V4 or the Bounty Hunter.

If you are looking for cheap, get the Harbor Freight model for $16. It works very well for the money. But remember that you get what you pay for. There is a reason why the Garrett costs $120. Yes, it's that good.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mts said:
The Garrett ProPointer is the best hand held pinpointer around bar none. You would be hard pressed to find a single bad review of this product. It is very well made and works like a champ. You will not be disappointed with it like you will be with the AutoMax V4 or the Bounty Hunter.

If you are looking for cheap, get the Harbor Freight model for $16. It works very well for the money. But remember that you get what you pay for. There is a reason why the Garrett costs $120. Yes, it's that good.

Sorry, I respectfully disagree, I feel the Detectorpro Uniprobe is the best around. It gets depths of 4-6 inches easily, and can be adjusted between 1/2 inch to 6 inches.

Check out this link............http://www.detectorpro.com/uniprobe.htm

mts said:

"Remember that you get what you pay for." There is a reason why the Detectorpro Uniprobe costs $350, it's more then just good. It is a probe that is convertible to a PI detector, among the accessories sold for the Uniprobe are search coils and rods to convert it to a full PI detector. You have the power of a PI detector in a hand probe......

I have used it under bleachers, and in the tot lots around the metal support poles of the play areas. I found both a 14k 7 gram gold ring over 3 inches deep and on another occasion a nice 14K 4 gram NYC police badge charm with it, that was burried 4 or more inches deep where I was not able to swing a detector, too many metal poles supporting the play area overhead and where other probes could not see deep enough to see them....

I bought mine used for $240, and it has found more then enough gold with it alone to pay for itself.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Sorry, I respectfully disagree, I feel the Detectorpro Uniprobe is the best around. It gets depths of 4-6 inches easily, and can be adjusted between 1/2 inch to 6 inches.
I bought mine used for $240, and it has found more then enough gold with it alone to pay for itself.

Fair enough. How about if I say that the Garrett is the best handheld pinpointer bar none "in that price range"? :wink:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mts said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Fair enough. How about if I say that the Garrett is the best handheld pinpointer bar none "in that price range"? :wink:

No problem, and I was not putting down the Garett in any way, I have heard nothing but good reviews on the Garrett Propointer. :icon_thumright:...

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a Bullseye II and not completely happy with it, I hope to get the Garrett Pro later this year.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
I too love my Garrett Pro Pointer. Havent had it long enough to comment on durability but I love how you can "recalibrate" the sensetivity on it by shutting it off then back on. I did not know about that & wasnt liking it much on my 1st hunt. Idaho Hunter pointed that out to me. :icon_thumleft: Used the Bounty Hunter for a couple years & liked em..........I'll never go back.

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What - no votes for Vibra Probe? That's my vote :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread