Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What is the best pinpointer out there??

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2010
    1 times

What is the best pinpointer out there??

Need a new pinpointer, any suggestions or opinions on make and models?? I was thinking about getting an Automax V4??

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    '72 RS Kit/Musketeer Advantage with 8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se with 11" DD & 6.5" concentric coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe/Black Widows/Rattler/F-Point/Merlin SXL Pinpointers
    610 times
    Metal Detecting

Re: What is the best pinpointer out there??

SunRay.

No additional batteries, uses your detectors display and your headphones, waterproof and you'll never leave it behind or misplace it accidently. Has the perfect sensitivity/depth for pinpointing.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    9420 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Detectorpro Uniprobe, it is an inline, works on multiple detectors so you can use it on more then one detector if your like me and own several, it easily detects from 1/2 inch to 4-6 inches depending on soil conditions...........

http://www.detectorpro.com/uniprobe.htm

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

May 2005
    Maine
    Minelab Etrac Fisher F75 SE
    8 times
    Banner Finds (1)

I agree with the sunray. Wouldnt go without one. But if an inline is not for you, alot of people are loving the garrett propointer.

us
    Oct 2007
    Northern, OH
    DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
    103 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I like my Garrett propointer. So far it is the best one that I have had and it give great depth......Matt
    CRH 2014 find
    wheaties
    War Nickels
    Buffalo
    Mercs 4
    Rosie 6
    90% Kennedy
    Franklin
    Walkers
    40% halfs
    Detecting Finds
    Dollars
    Quarters `
    Silver Quarters
    Dimes
    Silver Dimes
    Nickels
    Pennies
    Wheaties
    rings

us
    Nov 2008
    Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
    76 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie P. (NY)
    SunRay.

No additional batteries, uses your detectors display and your headphones, waterproof and you'll never leave it behind or misplace it accidently. Has the perfect sensitivity/depth for pinpointing.
    This.

If you do NOT want an inline, I have used the White's bullseye2 for YEARS.
    If it breaks or wears out, they will more than likely REPLACE it for free.
    Like metal detectors, if you can find a warranty like this you can't go wrong.
    I will tell you however I on a Sun-ray intruder inline probe and a Detector-pro pistol probe.
    The Sun-Ray is affixed to my Minelab etrac.

I really like the feture that the inline probe is attached to my machine and the fact I can't leave it laying in the woods like I have other hand probes in the past. ahem! (and like a few other buddy's)
    The detector-pro however seems to get more depth..(excuse me. Does get more depth)..Of course using 2 9v batteries it should get some depth huh?
    I have heard good things about the Whites, and again, with a warranty like Brian has mentioned how can you go wrong?

My choice in the long run has to be the Sun-ray inline probe for convenience and simplicity..

us
    Nov 2009
    Evans Colorado
    AT Pro
    98 times

I have the Bullseye II and just ordered a Garrett pro pointer from Kellyco and that will be my primary with the Bullseye as a backup

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    9420 times

Quote Originally Posted by 4-H
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie P. (NY)
    SunRay.

This.

If you do NOT want an inline, I have used the White's bullseye2 for YEARS.
    If it breaks or wears out, they will more than likely REPLACE it for free.
    Like metal detectors, if you can find a warranty like this you can't go wrong.
    I will tell you however I on a Sun-ray intruder inline probe and a Detector-pro pistol probe.
    The Sun-Ray is affixed to my Minelab etrac.

I really like the feture that the inline probe is attached to my machine and the fact I can't leave it laying in the woods like I have other hand probes in the past. ahem! (and like a few other buddy's)
    The detector-pro however seems to get more depth..(excuse me. Does get more depth)..Of course using 2 9v batteries it should get some depth huh?
    I have heard good things about the Whites, and again, with a warranty like Brian has mentioned how can you go wrong?

My choice in the long run has to be the Sun-ray inline probe for convenience and simplicity..
    I prefer the Detectorpro Uniprobe, I had the Detectorpro Pocket probe and it worked great, but with the uniprobe it is inline, can't loose it like a hand probe, it is adjustible between 1/2 inch and 4-6 inches and best of all I can use same probe on my Sovereigns, my Whites, and My Fisher...

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    Jan 2006
    Anchorage AK
    Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro

I have both the White's and Garrett's pinpointers. Both work well with the Garrett's getting about 1/3 more range. Keep in mind that I would rather also have a Sunray inline it's just that I have not settled on any one high end detector yet so eventually I will have at least one of these also.

us
    Jan 2009
    Amarillo
    Garrett GTI 2500

I upgraded from the Auto V4 to the Garrett propointer. I do NOT recommend the V4. Way to fragile and had crappy depth. The Garrett is one touch, great depth/sensitivity, smaller and is built like a rock. Wouldn't get a V4 again if I had to. Just my opinion of course.

TG
    You can't find what you don't look for.

us
    Jan 2010
    1 times

I was wandering if a guy could go wrong with a $60.00 Bounty Hunter Pinpointer?? Did anybody ever use one of these? If it gets the depth their detectors get, how could you go wrong (plus its half the cost of most pinpointers) ?? !!

mts
    us
    May 2009
    Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver ÁMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
    5 times

The Garrett ProPointer is the best hand held pinpointer around bar none. You would be hard pressed to find a single bad review of this product. It is very well made and works like a champ. You will not be disappointed with it like you will be with the AutoMax V4 or the Bounty Hunter.

If you are looking for cheap, get the Harbor Freight model for $16. It works very well for the money. But remember that you get what you pay for. There is a reason why the Garrett costs $120. Yes, it's that good.

Charter Member
    us

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    9420 times

Quote Originally Posted by mts
    The Garrett ProPointer is the best hand held pinpointer around bar none. You would be hard pressed to find a single bad review of this product. It is very well made and works like a champ. You will not be disappointed with it like you will be with the AutoMax V4 or the Bounty Hunter.

If you are looking for cheap, get the Harbor Freight model for $16. It works very well for the money. But remember that you get what you pay for. There is a reason why the Garrett costs $120. Yes, it's that good.
    Sorry, I respectfully disagree, I feel the Detectorpro Uniprobe is the best around. It gets depths of 4-6 inches easily, and can be adjusted between 1/2 inch to 6 inches.

Check out this link............http://www.detectorpro.com/uniprobe.htm

"Remember that you get what you pay for." There is a reason why the Detectorpro Uniprobe costs $350, it's more then just good. It is a probe that is convertible to a PI detector, among the accessories sold for the Uniprobe are search coils and rods to convert it to a full PI detector. You have the power of a PI detector in a hand probe......

I have used it under bleachers, and in the tot lots around the metal support poles of the play areas. I found both a 14k 7 gram gold ring over 3 inches deep and on another occasion a nice 14K 4 gram NYC police badge charm with it, that was burried 4 or more inches deep where I was not able to swing a detector, too many metal poles supporting the play area overhead and where other probes could not see deep enough to see them....

I bought mine used for $240, and it has found more then enough gold with it alone to pay for itself.

TreasureNet.com Rules

mts
    us
    May 2009
    Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver ÁMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter

Sorry, I respectfully disagree, I feel the Detectorpro Uniprobe is the best around. It gets depths of 4-6 inches easily, and can be adjusted between 1/2 inch to 6 inches.
    I bought mine used for $240, and it has found more then enough gold with it alone to pay for itself.
    Fair enough. How about if I say that the Garrett is the best handheld pinpointer bar none "in that price range"?

Charter Member
    us

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    9420 times

Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter

Fair enough. How about if I say that the Garrett is the best handheld pinpointer bar none "in that price range"?
    No problem, and I was not putting down the Garett in any way, I have heard nothing but good reviews on the Garrett Propointer. ...

TreasureNet.com Rules

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors