Ace 250 or Cibola ?? help!!

kawalabear

Jun 24, 2008
eastern shore MD.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
hi all i need help !!

we have been using my mothers 2 machines, and with her hunting we have 3 people and 2 machines.

my problem which seems to be common here is which machine should i get ??

i was all ready to get the ace 250 by Garrett then heard about the cibola by Tesoro, i was told it is much better because of depth, i have read the boards about both of them and only confused my self more :icon_scratch:

i still like the ace because of the screen but, pretty doesn't mean your going to find stuff so i would love to hear all opinions.

desert dog

Oct 27, 2009
kingman az
Detector(s) used
new coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I OWN A CIBOLA AND IT IS A MUCH BETTER
DETECTOR FOR IT DEPTH :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's has a new one for the same, if not cheeper, it's the coinmaster, check it out.Good dept, pinpionts,lite, easy on batteries,has a screan.

OP
OP
kawalabear

kawalabear

Jun 24, 2008
eastern shore MD.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
thanks but still dont know, ??? this is so hard its my b-day present that is if i can pick one.

dont know dont know ?????

i did look at the whites one too. that looks pretty nice i think i like it best. but it is hard to find on the computer of any one who sells it. so no kits or goodies to go with it .

Trokair

Mar 26, 2010
Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard good things about the White's Coinmaster. Problem is it is a new model so hard to find in some places. A local dealer can order it for you though.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Survey says!!!!!!!!!!

I had to jump in on this one. I have been using a Garrett machine for over 25 years. About 1 1/2 years ago, I heard all the ruckus about the Ace 250. I thought I needed to get one. I did. I liked my 20 year old machine better because of response time. The Ace seemed so slow. I tried hard to like it, worked hard on pinpointing, and it just wasn't for me. I bought a very gently used Cibola from Saltwater max. I had never swung a Tesoro before. Pinpointing was almost automatic. To end this rambling, the Tesoro stayed and the Ace found a new home. Many people like both. I will keep the Cibola.

Bob

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
RJGMC has put it very well.

The Little Yellow Fellow is a racey liteweight package though...
I think it could be proven that a Silver uMax or even a Compadre is a superior machine.
Tesoro machines just seem to work quite well.
Nearly impossible to dispute the Tesoro warranty !

Good luck,
rmptr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread