Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey friends. I live in Cave City, Ky. Me and 3 of my buddies from work have amde a day to go metal detecting tomorrow morning. We originally had a good spot to go but something came up and now we are stuck with a great day of detecting with nowhere to go... Does anyone know of any good spots we may be able to hit in ky? Preferrably around my location.. Any ideas will be gratly appreciated!! THANKS!! :icon_thumright: GOOD HUNTING TO ALL!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No old farms around there? What about that big old patch of woods off I-65 just north of you or to the west of you off Big Woods road? After living down here on this slab of concrete which is S.Florida, I'd do anything just to be able to walk around in the woods all day, even without a detector.

Know anywhere off this road? -Telford Turnpike, a road built to join Louisville and Nashville before the advent of the railroad. This arterial highway was heavily used by both armies during the War Between the States, and also served the city and the stage lines that carried passengers north and south through Kentucky. These stage lines were abandoned when the Green River at Munfordville was bridged in 1859 and rail travel the length of Kentucky was possible. Modern-day U.S. Highway 31W follows this historical route.

Your area is chock full of history. Here is a good little read for you if you haven't already read it.

http://www.cavecity.com/cave_city/john_hunt_morgan.htm

Good luck and keep us posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread