Question about my TV

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
OK.......had a guy come over & do some sheetrock work in my basement office today, he was repairing a big hole in my ceiling. I put all my guitars in their cases & put em away but I rolled my half stack amp/cabinet over next to my TV (I knew better, momentary lapse of reason) & now my tv has a green spot on the side of the screen because of the large magnets in the speakers. My question is........will this green spot go away or do I now have a legitimate reason to buy a much bigger TV? It is a 32 inch TV, not a plasma or LCD, old school tv weighs 200 friggen pounds. I must admit, I almost hope its fried so I can go buy a big flat screen. :wink:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry dude, it's dead. You must buy a new one. You must, there's no way around it. I am a TV professional. Hope this helps, and show it to your girlfriend. Not the last part though.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard if you give it an electrical shock, rub your feet on carpeting an zap your T.V try that if that don't help your going have to buy a new T.V.Oo darn. liftloop

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
I kinda forgot about the green spot, guess I was used to it already. The girlfriend just came in as Im playin on my computer, stood there lookin at the TV for a minute then said "The green spot is gone!" She smiled at me then walked out of the room. DAMNIT! She is right...........the TV picture is once again perfect. I guess the only way Im getting a big ol' flat screen in my office is to sell off a couple detectors & frankly, I dont see THAT happening! :(

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:
I kinda forgot about the green spot, guess I was used to it already. The girlfriend just came in as Im playin on my computer, stood there lookin at the TV for a minute then said "The green spot is gone!" She smiled at me then walked out of the room. DAMNIT! She is right...........the TV picture is once again perfect. I guess the only way Im getting a big ol' flat screen in my office is to sell off a couple detectors & frankly, I dont see THAT happening! :(

Most TV's will degauss themselves automatically after turning them on and off a couple times.....Sorry.

GG~

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why get a new TV set :dontknow: If all that is bothering you is that green spot, wear green sunglasses and the spot will disappear and the TV will work like new :hello2:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Why get a new TV set :dontknow: If all that is bothering you is that green spot, wear green sunglasses and the spot will disappear and the TV will work like new :hello2:

Because you can get a 65 inch Digital Widescreen 3-D ready TV........ :headbang:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Forget the television. Get a digital projector. Pipe in any media you want . I project a 7X8' hi-def picture onto my white basement wall, all for less than $1000. ffd

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fistfulladirt said:
Forget the television. Get a digital projector. Pipe in any media you want . I project a 7X8' hi-def picture onto my white basement wall, all for less than $1000. ffd

I used to use one for movie nights with my daughter. 9' screen and surround sound. Now I have to move too much stuff to use it. Anyone want to buy a NEC VT47 cheap?

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:

Rearrange the room now.

Put the speakers on either side of the TV.

Show girlfriend it's back and it's worse

Go buy new TV.

(if your short of funds I can work out a payment plan for you of 10 bucks a month for 6,450 months)

;D

Wildcat

Oct 14, 2009
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 2 x Gold Snoops Whites Bullseye Pinpointer
Didn't you say she is only a Girlfriend??? Girlfriends aren't wives... Go buy a BIG new one and throw the dinosaur. (and the TV)

The Cat

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
spartacus53 said:

Because you can get a 65 inch Digital Widescreen 3-D ready TV........ :headbang:

You are both wrong!!! Those sets will be obsolete next year when I come out with hologram TV's

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:
OK.......had a guy come over & do some sheetrock work in my basement office today, he was repairing a big hole in my ceiling. I put all my guitars in their cases & put em away but I rolled my half stack amp/cabinet over next to my TV (I knew better, momentary lapse of reason) & now my tv has a green spot on the side of the screen because of the large magnets in the speakers. My question is........will this green spot go away or do I now have a legitimate reason to buy a much bigger TV? It is a 32 inch TV, not a plasma or LCD, old school tv weighs 200 friggen pounds. I must admit, I almost hope its fried so I can go buy a big flat screen. :wink:

I had that happen to me once, and AFTER I moved my amps away from the TV it went back to normal.

I play throught 2 Peavey Mace amps with cabinets, (1970's models), just like the exact ones Lynyrd Skynyrd used.

Joke for you.
"What do you call a musician without a girlfriend?"

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheHarleyMan2 said:
Joke for you.

Happy?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheHarleyMan2 said:
Joke for you.

Homeless :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions