New member from Port Angeles, WA.

PeninsulaPaul

Greenie
Apr 17, 2010
Hello everyone,

I am brand new to the metal detecting hobby and also to the peninsula area (Port Angeles, WA.). I tried to find a couple of beaches to go detecting but was told by several people it's not allowed because the beaches are private.

Is anyone familiar with the peninsula area and where might be some good places to go?

Thanks for any help!
Paul

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Do you mean ocean beaches? or lake beaches? Because if you meant ocean beaches, then anything below the high tide line can not be "private", as far as I've heard. Sure: someone might have a house or resort in the dunes, and perhaps they can draw their line at some point in the dry sand, but no: they can not draw their line all the way out to the ocean.

Not sure about WA, but here in CA, there was some flap about that in exclusive upscale ritzy ocean-front homes areas in So. CA, where rich people tried to shoo people away from walking the beach below their homes, since they were private gated communities. The pedestrians won out, and the law sided with them that ocean beaches can not be private down on the wet sand/inter-tidal zone.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Paul Welcome to TNET :icon_thumleft: I used to live in Bremerton nice to see more locals lol.You need to be hitting up around cresent lake my friend an the schools .

HH Tank :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions