CoinStar Machines: 9.8% now Free if you use E-Cerficate

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
I was pleasantly surprised when I dumped my coins at the supermarket. You can now get a full 100%.
I cashed in my money and got a certificate for Amazon.com, and got the full price.
Worked like a charm.
:thumbsup:

Free coin counting at CoinStar
CoinStar normally charges a rate of 9.8% at its 60,000 locations in the US. Now it has started offering free coin counting IF you agree to receive your payment as an e-certificate, which is redeemable at several major outlets, including Albertson's, Amazon.com, Borders, Cabela's, CVS Pharmacy, Eddie Bauer, iTunes, JCPenny, Lowe's, Old Navy, Overstock.com, Regal International Group, Rixty, and Starbucks.

Link: http://www.coinstar.com/us/WebDocs/A1-0-3-1

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the banks I use has coinstar machines. They used to be free for everyone, now you have to be an account holder.

B

BIG61AL

Are the e certificates usuable at eBay? Then I would use it for sure.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am lucky enough to have a Commerce Bank, and they offer a coin service for free ;D

beep-beep

Jan 14, 2010
North Carolina , Bertie
Detector(s) used
BH-Quick Silver,Ace 250,BH pinpointer and the DetectorPRO Pistol PROBE
CoinStar is not accurate. Count your coins before and check the ticket. You will get shorted more than you think on top of 9.8%. However, if you take the time to call them they will send you a refund if the money comes over in that machine. Many people do not know how much they had in the first place (this is the point) so they think they got a deal. I have called CoinStar well over eight times to get a refund. I got all lost money back every time. Last time I called when my refund came the letter said in a nice way maybe I should not use coin star anymore because of processing fees they will not refund anymore at this address.

delaford321

Apr 25, 2010
Thanks for the great tip, also good to know about counting the coins before, I kinda guessed they were totally accurate, but for the person who has gotten their money 8times, makes me think that I should just take the time to roll the coins any way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread