airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of two things;

A historic artifact that contributes to the humanities that will be considered a National treasure or;

Something valuable that I can keep - or sell - that increases the wealth and well being of my children and their children.

What either of those is, I do not know. I have an idea where to look, but I don't have the money to purchase a detector set, I don't want to go to jail for a long time or jeopardize my career over it and/or I do not have the free time to invest at this moment.

Tall order, I know!

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say the diamond ring my grandpa lost while he had Alzheimers here in the yard where I know live...

rickomatic

Greenie
May 14, 2010
Snohomish WA
Detector(s) used
some el cheapo right now
Heck, at my age I would just like to find the things I misplaced yesterday tongue3

I think for those things, you need a "mental detector". Let me know if you find one....I could use one too.... :wink:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I've heard it said, and it proably applies to me: "Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most."

But I still enjoy finding the ultimate lost treasure: the lost coin.

Ever added up how many coins have been minted in the last 15 years? The US Mint says a coin that stays in circulation for even 20 years has paid for itself. But the reality is over 50% of each year's minted coins are either lost or hoarded away in 10 years.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I read this question a few days ago I thought I'd take some time to think about, but the truth is, I can't seem to narrow it down just one. A dozen, maybe. Just one? No way, I can't do it.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Bigscoop: Think! It doesn't have to be one thing! Let me help. your on this beech and hit a large signal. When you dig, you find a chest full of Jewels, gold coins historical gold items. This would qualify as one find! Sweet dreams in a box.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
Bigscoop: Think! It doesn't have to be one thing! Let me help. your on this beech and hit a large signal. When you dig, you find a chest full of Jewels, gold coins historical gold items. This would qualify as one find! Sweet dreams in a box.

OK, now that might do it! :thumbsup:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
The ultimate find!: Let me lay some groundwork first. I have been on T-NET for app. 2 mo. I have noticed that there are 3 types of posters. The helpfull, the scornful and the info. seakers. Among these some state they are in T.H. for pleasure. BULL!! Although some may think so, deep down inside they are in it for THE ULTIMATE FIND! To the coin shooter it may be the aluminum dime of which few exist. To the Civil War hunter it may be LEE'S battle sword. As for the relic hunter,it may be the 200 year old blacksmith made ax that I found. Now that the truth is out in the open, lets hear what is on your wish list!!

Attachments

• hole.jpg
    hole.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 294
  • hole2.jpg
    hole2.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 299

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Interesting question, as many large treasures come to mind. Coco's island,Beale treasure,Victoria peak,Lost dutchman mine,Swift's mines,4 corners buried treasure,Aztecs treasure,Cibola,Tumacacori,Soloman's treasure,ark of the covenant,Nazi's hoard,Blackbeard's,Lafiette's,and any one of the many Spanish vessels that sank in the Atlantic.
I would have thought that someone would have mentioned at least one of these dream hoards. Good Luck. rockhound

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hay Rockhound, you forgot to mention which you would go for!!

M

miser

1. The iron kettle cache loaded with gold coins located near the chimney of an abandoned house only six inches below the ground. Underneath a tree. With lots of shade.

2. In an attic, a copy of Edgar Allan Poes first book of poetry "Tamerlane", carefully wrapped in a cloth and kept in a dry area.

3. A Spanish Dubloon found on the beach.

K

Kentucky Kache

miser said:
1. The iron kettle cache loaded with gold coins located near the chimney of an abandoned house only six inches below the ground. Underneath a tree. With lots of shade.

2. In an attic, a copy of Edgar Allan Poes first book of poetry "Tamerlane", carefully wrapped in a cloth and kept in a dry area.

3. A Spanish Dubloon found on the beach.

I'll have the #1. With fries. :D

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
cowboy357 said:
Interesting post , Im really new to this & recentlly bought a metal detector for just searching our own property , 15 acres . It was the original homestead for most of the surrounding property & used to have 20 or so outbuildings on it at different times . Several old foundations & at one time had a producing oil well on it long ago abandoned .

I,m still learning how to use my detector , But so far I,m getting really discouraged as I cant go more the 5 foot without getting some kind of signals & all I find is junk , trash , spent amunition or farmiron , Nothing even interesting or intact . I,m begining to think the whole property was just a dumpsite for years & years as I,m finding stuff 4 & 5 foot deep after removeing the dirt with My tractors that runs along a river .

I,d just love to find something interesting enough to post in todays finds but I,m afraid I would be laughed off the forum ;D . But I aint giving up yet . As far as I know the propertys never been hunted it & My Wife & I have been the only ones here for years . I cant say I wouldn,t like to find some old guns Or even some buryed outlaw stash , But I,d be happy finding even 1 old coin . :tongue3: & maybe someday I,ll have something to show , I,ve been digging in one spot all morning that I,m getting a good signal , But the grounds really hard full of broken glass & what appears to be some very thin metal That allmost looks to be a silver , But my luck its just more junk . HH to all. Bob
If you happen to find a meteorite, the last laugh may be yours. Don't pass up those potential stones you likely are coming across.

Dr. Nininger said most meteorites are found with a plow than any other tool. But even mid-quality detectors are quite capable of finding them several feet away.

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
If I were to find either one of these,I would have to buy a bigger truck just to haul it. Not counting another place to hide it, because I couldn't dispose of it all at once. maybe I will go after a small one first, while planning on going bigger later. Good Luck. rockhound

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread