THE ULTIMATE FIND!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The ultimate find!: Let me lay some groundwork first. I have been on T-NET for app. 2 mo. I have noticed that there are 3 types of posters. The helpfull, the scornful and the info. seakers. Among these some state they are in T.H. for pleasure. BULL!! Although some may think so, deep down inside they are in it for THE ULTIMATE FIND! To the coin shooter it may be the aluminum dime of which few exist. To the Civil War hunter it may be LEE'S battle sword. As for the relic hunter,it may be the 200 year old blacksmith made ax that I found. Now that the truth is out in the open, lets hear what is on your wish list!!

K

Kentucky Kache

To me it IS the fun, but a lot of that fun is the possibility of finding something good. It's not just for exercise.

I'll take a cache of gold and silver coins buried about the time of the Civil War. ;D If that's asking too much, I'll settle for a small pocket spill. Usually I settle for a lot less.

cowboy357

Jan 7, 2010
South Central KS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 1V & Tractor when needed
Interesting post , Im really new to this & recentlly bought a metal detector for just searching our own property , 15 acres . It was the original homestead for most of the surrounding property & used to have 20 or so outbuildings on it at different times . Several old foundations & at one time had a producing oil well on it long ago abandoned .

I,m still learning how to use my detector , But so far I,m getting really discouraged as I cant go more the 5 foot without getting some kind of signals & all I find is junk , trash , spent amunition or farmiron , Nothing even interesting or intact . I,m begining to think the whole property was just a dumpsite for years & years as I,m finding stuff 4 & 5 foot deep after removeing the dirt with My tractors that runs along a river .

I,d just love to find something interesting enough to post in todays finds but I,m afraid I would be laughed off the forum ;D . But I aint giving up yet . As far as I know the propertys never been hunted it & My Wife & I have been the only ones here for years . I cant say I wouldn,t like to find some old guns Or even some buryed outlaw stash , But I,d be happy finding even 1 old coin . :tongue3: & maybe someday I,ll have something to show , I,ve been digging in one spot all morning that I,m getting a good signal , But the grounds really hard full of broken glass & what appears to be some very thin metal That allmost looks to be a silver , But my luck its just more junk . HH to all. Bob

limegoldconvertible68

Mar 18, 2009
Illiniois
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 11"DD coil, CZ-21 with 10" coil, Fisher 1265X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Ultimate Find........Ha, how about a metal detectorist that knows how to measure the depth of the coins he finds!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep... That is exactly why I am clearing all these targets out of the way, in hopes for the ultimate find! At the top of my list is a very rare Rev War belt plate, or equally rare Colonial coin. But I won't limit it to that because anything worth a ton of cash would make me just as happy! Of course odds are against finding any of that, but I have made some great finds in the process of looking and over the years it is adding up to my ultimate collection.

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
cowboy357 said:
Interesting post , Im really new to this & recentlly bought a metal detector for just searching our own property , 15 acres . It was the original homestead for most of the surrounding property & used to have 20 or so outbuildings on it at different times . Several old foundations & at one time had a producing oil well on it long ago abandoned .

I,m still learning how to use my detector , But so far I,m getting really discouraged as I cant go more the 5 foot without getting some kind of signals & all I find is junk , trash , spent amunition or farmiron , Nothing even interesting or intact . I,m begining to think the whole property was just a dumpsite for years & years as I,m finding stuff 4 & 5 foot deep after removeing the dirt with My tractors that runs along a river .

I,d just love to find something interesting enough to post in todays finds but I,m afraid I would be laughed off the forum ;D . But I aint giving up yet . As far as I know the propertys never been hunted it & My Wife & I have been the only ones here for years . I cant say I wouldn,t like to find some old guns Or even some buryed outlaw stash , But I,d be happy finding even 1 old coin . :tongue3: & maybe someday I,ll have something to show , I,ve been digging in one spot all morning that I,m getting a good signal , But the grounds really hard full of broken glass & what appears to be some very thin metal That allmost looks to be a silver , But my luck its just more junk . HH to all. Bob
This exactly my problem! I find loads of rusty garbage and metal junk but precious few actual THINGS. My daughter has found some old coins and i found one under a spigot and one in the barn but none with a detector yet.

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love history, ancient American Indian history up to the Civil War. I have a ton of arrowheads, points knives and a few pots. Looking and digging for Indian stuff gets me stoked but so does Civil War relics. My ultimate CW find would be an Arkansas state seal belt buckle. There were 1500 of them made and the whereabouts of 7 are known. Me being an optomist I know that there are 1493 out there somewhere and I am always looking for one. I hope I find two. That way I could sell one and keep one. If I only find one I would probably never sell it, which is why my house is full of shtuff...d2

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERMONTPACKRAT said:
Blacksmith token ;D

VPR

You cant reply you've already reached the pinnacle! ;D Congrats again VPR

I always wanted spanish silver, and I have 4 now, but as far as the "one" thing I dont think I could pick it as there are many things that peak my interest. Valuable is not what I'm in it for, but I wont lie I wouldnt throw it back. :wink:

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
Such a find would be the wish of most. Yet the thrill of a find is still the why of people keep doing this, be it a MDer or artifact hunter, etc.
The "getting away" for awhile from reality for a bit, and hope for a find is a great motivation.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to find the blueprints for the 1st pyramid, or Atlantis.. Take your pick :laughing7:

K

Kentucky Kache

spartacus53 said:
I'd love to find the blueprints for the 1st pyramid, or Atlantis.. Take your pick :laughing7:

I can make you a copy, but you have to decide which one you want. :tongue3:
I'm keeping the originals.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kentucky Kache said:
spartacus53 said:

I can make you a copy, but you have to decide which one you want. :tongue3:
I'm keeping the originals.

Sorry, I can't accept copies :tongue3: But since the Dead Sea Scrolls survived, it would be amazing to see the blueprints for the Great Pyramid. I confident that someone didn't stand there and yell, "Hey you, put that slab over there". :laughing9:

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd like to find my marbles. Lost them some time ago...

Not sure about ultimate find, perhaps a meteorite.

Not many Civil War items or Spanish Treasures in Oregon.
My son did find the Eiffel Tower in a tot lot but it had shrunk.

Pocket spills and jewelry are always nice to find.
Car collection is getting pretty big too.

Grey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread