QUESTIONS RELATING TO LOST TREASURES AND GOLD MINES, ETC

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
There are execptions to the rule about people knowing of buried treasure and not being able to retrieve it. I know within an acre of where a large cache of silver dollars are, but it is on private land, and the owner will not allow anyone to search for it.I also know where a silver mine?ledge, is but it is on National forest land. Some of these government land buyups are intentional, but some are just that the government owns most mountain ranges as National forest lands, and that is where the most minerals exist, along with the most water and timber.Originally they bought up most of the mountain ranges to preserve the water and timber rights.Some of these mountain ranges have silver and gold viens running through them.Most of the buried treasure in the East occured during the civil war.When lead is flying over your head, it's hard to carry much silver or gold shile running. It is easier to bury it and come back later is you are able to retrieve it. Most buried western treasure occured because of Indian attacks,both on Spanish and American prospectors.Sometimes entire parties were wiped out, but not before they buried their treasure.It has ben estimated at least 3 billion dollars in treasure is buried in Virginia alone because of the civil war. That is just one states estimate. It is also estimated that trillions of dollars are buried in the west because of Indian ambushes. With that much treasure buried, sure the government is interested in it.Good Luck. rockhound

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Rockhound, make him an offer he can't refuse! If he is religious offer to give 1/2 to his church, if he is in need offer him 1/2. If all else fails do you want to borrow my nite vision goggles?

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And, consider this. I read a report about 25 years ago. The report was based on findings of the U.S.Treasury, and of several leading numistists. It was estimated that approximately (at that time,) 12 million dollars in coinage was lost in the U.S. on a yearly basis.

With population increases and increases in minting of coins, you could only speculate on how many coins are lost on a yearly basis now.

EagleDown

K

Kentucky Kache

rockhound said:
There are execptions to the rule about people knowing of buried treasure and not being able to retrieve it. I know within an acre of where a large cache of silver dollars are, but it is on private land, and the owner will not allow anyone to search for it.I also know where a silver mine?ledge, is but it is on National forest land. Some of these government land buyups are intentional, but some are just that the government owns most mountain ranges as National forest lands, and that is where the most minerals exist, along with the most water and timber.Originally they bought up most of the mountain ranges to preserve the water and timber rights.Some of these mountain ranges have silver and gold viens running through them.Most of the buried treasure in the East occured during the civil war.When lead is flying over your head, it's hard to carry much silver or gold shile running. It is easier to bury it and come back later is you are able to retrieve it. Most buried western treasure occured because of Indian attacks,both on Spanish and American prospectors.Sometimes entire parties were wiped out, but not before they buried their treasure.It has ben estimated at least 3 billion dollars in treasure is buried in Virginia alone because of the civil war. That is just one states estimate. It is also estimated that trillions of dollars are buried in the west because of Indian ambushes. With that much treasure buried, sure the government is interested in it.Good Luck. rockhound

I trust you've already threatened to break his legs. :laughing7:

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
It is a very intriging condition that exists on the one sillver cache. I ran into a good friend of mine, whom I had not seen in several years. As we were reminising about our childhood, he casually mentioned a farmer, whom he worked for during high school, to make a few extra bucks. He said the farmer had passed on and left his house and land to his one only daughter. She had hired a couple of guys with metal detectors to find a cache which her father had buried somewher on his land. They didn't find it because he had about 150 acres of land, and they were given 2 days to find it. His daughter had since moved away to another city,gotten married, and lived there. She had come in for the funeral and had stayed in the house for about a month disposing of the contents, as well as putting the farm in a realtors hands for sale.When I found out about it, I tried to contact her, but was unable to do so. A contractor bought the land to build a subdivision on, so I contacted him, and he refused to let me detect it. Not knowing what was there, I'm sure.He built only 3 houses and now the rest of the land is empty,since the housing market collapsed.Anyway, my friend was told by his daughter that her father had buried a crock of silver dolaars. Where he had worked all those years, he had been paid in silver dollars. he also sold cattle and tobacco,recieveing silver dollars. He never bought any machine, and paid my friend to dig thistles out of his pasture. He was paid in silver dollars. As close as the daughter could remember, there should be around 10,000 of these coins, as her father had buried them one night after he got scared someone would steal them. He took them out in a wheelbarrow and buried the entire crock of them.Sooooo, I am still waiting for something to develope so I can find them.I knew them but not as good as my friend did. He had consented to help me if I can get access to the property. Good Luck. rockhound

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread