Charter Membership why and what happens when the site gets sold.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
* Access to our LIVE POSTS page. (just leave a page open and see all posts in real time!)
* Ability to search.
* Access to our Charter Members Only Forum.
* Access to our Who's Online List.
* Access to our Forum Statistics.
* Ability to customize your profile and upload photos. (examples)
* Increase in PM limit from 200 to 1000.
* Our pledge to continue improving this site!

You will also have this icon added to all your posts.... charter.gif

Attachments

• charter.gif
    charter.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 342

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
prospector40 said:
one disadvantage is that TNET does not have an option to auto renew memberships and will not inform you when a membership is close to expireing or expires. I just found out mine has been expired for a few months now.

Thanks TNET :thumbsup:
maybe a new owner can fix it

I doubt it LOL.....

To answer the question as to what happens if the site gets sold.

My intention is to sell it to someone (at a reasonable price) who will maintain it in it's current form (probably with my help). In that case, nothing will change for Charter Members.

However - I am willing to sell it (out of necessity) to anyone with deep pockets. If that new owner doesn't intend to maintain it as is, then I will not accept a low ball offer, and will refund all Charter memberships (prorated).

I guess that's in writing now. ;D

Thanks for all your support.

Marc

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat said:
* Access to our LIVE POSTS page. (just leave a page open and see all posts in real time!)
* Ability to search.
* Access to our Charter Members Only Forum.
* Access to our Who's Online List.
* Access to our Forum Statistics.
* Ability to customize your profile and upload photos. (examples)
* Increase in PM limit from 200 to 1000.
* Our pledge to continue improving this site!

You will also have this icon added to all your posts....
thanks

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Marc said:
prospector40 said:
one disadvantage is that TNET does not have an option to auto renew memberships and will not inform you when a membership is close to expireing or expires. I just found out mine has been expired for a few months now.

Thanks TNET :thumbsup:
maybe a new owner can fix it

I doubt it LOL.....

To answer the question as to what happens if the site gets sold.

My intention is to sell it to someone (at a reasonable price) who will maintain it in it's current form (probably with my help). In that case, nothing will change for Charter Members.

However - I am willing to sell it (out of necessity) to anyone with deep pockets. If that new owner doesn't intend to maintain it as is, then I will not accept a low ball offer, and will refund all Charter memberships (prorated).

I guess that's in writing now. ;D

Thanks for all your support.

Marc

I hope it will continue pretty much as is.......if and when it gets sold.

I think we all hope that you will be able to continue with owning and running the forum....... but if and when you do sell it--------- we all wish you well and hope you can drop in time to time and say hello.

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marc said:
However - I am willing to sell it (out of necessity) to anyone with deep pockets.
Out pf curiosity, how deep must someone's pockets be?

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
auferret said:
Marc said:
However - I am willing to sell it (out of necessity) to anyone with deep pockets.

If someone wants TNet - to do as they please, where I get moved out of the equation... it would have to be 200k+

golddredgergold

Dec 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
DFX, Gold Master 2, Surfmaster PI, TF900, Falcon MD20, Arc Geo Logger
Marc said:
auferret said:
Marc said:

If someone wants TNet - to do as they please, where I get moved out of the equation... it would have to be 200k+

So from a biz standpoint 200K..... You are saying T net brings in about 20K per month to be asking 200k. At 20k I can pay off my new biz forum in a year like most other companies one would take over? So hosting would run couple hundred a month even if I bought my own servers and a premium net connection at 10k for some nice servers I would pay that off the first month and it is profit from there on out. And with all the major companies buying adds at the top of the page this sounds like a great chance to make some money. Makes me wonder why you are trying so hard to sell this site Marc for 200K. Heck really makes me wonder why it did not sell at the first hint it was up for sale.

Good luck with the sale and best wishes to the new owner if they make the jump, hope they packed there own parachute.

S

stefen

metal mania said:
Just curious to learn the advantages of becoming a charter member could some list them

and also what happens when the site gets sold are they transferred or could the price go up what is $20 dollars in pounds sterling.

many thanks

Guess everybody missed answering part of your question...and I may be speaking out of turn, however, the membership is most likely based on U.S. Dollars which is around 13 pounds and change...

Marc or someone else can clarify this question...

And besides, River Rat didn't list the lap dance for new applicants... :thumbsup:

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
golddredgergold said:
Marc said:
auferret said:
Marc said:

So from a biz standpoint 200K..... You are saying T net brings in about 20K per month to be asking 200k. At 20k I can pay off my new biz forum in a year like most other companies one would take over? So hosting would run couple hundred a month even if I bought my own servers and a premium net connection at 10k for some nice servers I would pay that off the first month and it is profit from there on out. And with all the major companies buying adds at the top of the page this sounds like a great chance to make some money. Makes me wonder why you are trying so hard to sell this site Marc for 200K. Heck really makes me wonder why it did not sell at the first hint it was up for sale.

Good luck with the sale and best wishes to the new owner if they make the jump, hope they packed there own parachute.

TNet is famous.

Fame has value too.

TreasureNet may be most under-monetized website of all time.... I mean.... after all - YOU'RE here.... :icon_thumleft:

golddredgergold

Dec 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
DFX, Gold Master 2, Surfmaster PI, TF900, Falcon MD20, Arc Geo Logger
Marc said:
golddredgergold said:
Marc said:
auferret said:
Marc said:

I am NOT saying how much TNet brings in - it's irrelevant.

TNet is famous.

... and probably deservedly so...

@ 200K makes it pretty relevant in my book. Good luck Marc, Hope it works out for you.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
200k sounds like a good deal to me, but I only have 200 vowels on-hand so that is no help to me. :crybaby2:

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From a business standpoint, profit is very relevant.

I assume you have copies of your books for interested parties?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread