OP
OP
Jowlz

Jowlz

Aug 6, 2006
Northeastern Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500GTI/Minelab Explorer SE
Sorry I didn't check this post further I have been busy. The safe and the house are indeed mine, though I did find the posts that something shady was going on funny :) My great uncle passed about 4 years ago. He had a couple of homes. One he left to my mother and my aunt. The house with the safe, and its contents were left to me. The rest of my family weren't very happy. This resulted in almost 4 years of probate. Big fun.

The safe contents will remain mostly an internet mystery. The best thing in it, was a note to me from my uncle explaining why he left me the house :)

I'll have to work on my post count, as it seems that may be important in some way??? :icon_scratch:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Jowlz said:
Sorry I didn't check this post further I have been busy. The safe and the house are indeed mine, though I did find the posts that something shady was going on funny :) My great uncle passed about 4 years ago. He had a couple of homes. One he left to my mother and my aunt. The house with the safe, and its contents were left to me. The rest of my family weren't very happy. This resulted in almost 4 years of probate. Big fun.

The safe contents will remain mostly an internet mystery. The best thing in it, was a note to me from my uncle explaining why he left me the house :)

I'll have to work on my post count, as it seems that may be important in some way??? :icon_scratch:
Not near as important to me as the fact that he left you a note . That's priceless . Enjoy what ever else was in there . None of our business what it was .
Jim

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
truckinbutch said:
Not near as important to me as the fact that he left you a note . That's priceless . Enjoy what ever else was in there . None of our business what it was .
Jim

Agreed. Good enough to know that it was not empty, and the contents worth recovering.

Diggem'

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Would what he said in the note you finally gained access to have lessened the 4 years of probate? lol. :read2:

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Having a letter from your uncle is priceless. It was worth opening the safe...enjoy the remaining contents.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best friend is a locksmith, I've helped him open lots of safes. :headbang: Some safes are booby trapped with teargas. :o Most safes have asbestos in the wall for fireproofing. :o Safes should only be opened by combination or a licensed locksmith only. :read2: My advice is find a locksmith and stand over his shoulder until it opens.... :icon_thumleft: He should only open it a crack and not look inside unless you say he can. :hello2:

Keep @ It and HH !! :D ;D

WilliamBoyd

Sep 22, 2007
California
My mother worked in a Navy pay office during WW2.

They had a safe which was donated that they couldn't open.

A German POW who was a safe expert (safe cracker?) was brought over to open it.

There was nothing in it, but at least the Navy could use it.

:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread