new to metal detecting.looking for people to go with in upstate new york area

mtxrob

Jul 20, 2010
i live in Syracuse,NY. i am buying a mxt pro in a few weeks. i'll be using it first at my fathers house that has a bunch of old farms and buildings..this will be my first time doing this,ive wanted to do Md sense i was 17 years old now im 33. but i was wondering if there are any other people i can go with to learn more about this in this area, im not sure of any cool or good places to go...i think i would have more fun if i were go out with someone...

if so email [email protected]

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: new to metal detecting.looking for people to go with in upstate new york are

I'm not close, but you have the right idea.

My first interest in detecting was at about age 13, but didn't buy a detector until 28. The first thing I did is exactly what you're doing.... on a forum looking for someone to hunt with, and help me out a little. Thinking a little more, I actually seen someone online from my area and sent them an email just to say I had grown up in the same place he was living, and I too had just bought a detector. From there it can go either way, but I was lucky and he was happy to do some hunts. Things just took off from there and now it's years later. If you can find your way through the first year you'll probably be a lifer like most of us on here. But if things don't happen fast, and you let yourself get discouraged, then in the closet the detector will go. This forum should be plenty of motivation seeing what is possible to be dug.... and New York state ain't a bad place to be!

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
If you scroll down near the bottom of the forums, you will find a New York forum. That would be a great place to ask for detecting partners. HH, George (MN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread