What is the stupidest comment you have heard from some one while detecting!!!!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just remember that this is a family orientated site!!!!

Today i was detecting and some Idi@t walked by and said are you looking for Dogs@@t, and My answer to him was No I'm looking for the ring your wife lost yesterday!!!! and kept walking!!!!

I can't wear headphone's because of ear problems so i hear allot of dumb comments!!!! not from kids just the adults!!!!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you hired to clean the beaches.. I said No, I am hired to find unexploded bombs from the war.. she packed up and left.

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bootybay said:
Are you hired to clean the beaches.. I said No, I am hired to find unexploded bombs from the war.. she packed up and left.

LOL Ill have to remember that one for the special People!!!

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Do you ever find things with that?

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My neighbor, old coot sitting in his truck as I'm detecting my front lawn with my Vaquero:

"What'd that thing run ya, 'bout a hundred bucks?"

:D

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Montauk3 said:
Do you ever find things with that?

I must be tired, it took me a minute to figure this one out and a red head!!! she said added with a detector!!!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I was detecting on the beach when I found a gold wedding band. A guy had been watching me and came over and said you found my wedding band I just lost. I looked at this creep and said as I held up the band to check it," Tell me the name on the inside." He turned around and walked away!

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankn said:
I was detecting on the beach when I found a gold wedding band. A guy had been watching me and came over and said you found my wedding band I just lost. I looked at this creep and said as I held up the band to check it," Tell me the name on the inside." He turned around and walked away!

Been there I said decribe it to me!!!!! still had the penny in my hand!!! LOL

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bootybay said:

That's a good one!

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Bootybay said:
I love that response ! May I borrow it for the next dummie I run into ?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
A buddy and I were detecting the yard of a country home, where a stage stop had once stood. We were inside the picket fence line, at this country cross-roads, when a pickup truck pulled up along the shoulder of the road. He rolled down his window and motioned me to come over and talk to him. I pulled off my headphones, and we started this conversation over the fence-line:

"Can you guys come down to my place, down the road, and do that in my yard when you're done here?" [I'm thinking "wow, it's not very often total strangers stop to invite you to detect their yards!"].

So I tell him "Sure, we can do your yard too. But first, tell me how old your house is." The fellow looked at me sort of puzzled, and said "built in the 1940s I think". At that, I said "Well, we sort of prefer to do older spots". He looked at me sort of puzzled again, and said "But you'll still do it though?" I said "ok, if we have time....". Next he asks "How much do you charge?" To which I reply "Nothing. We enjoy this. It's our hobby." Now at this point, the guy looked really puzzled, and insisted, "No, .... really, I'd want to pay you."

This back and forth conversation and negotiation went on for a full minute, before it finally dawned on me ........ He thought we were weed-wacking! :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LMAO!!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Every time you think that you have seen or heard the stupidist thing that a fellow member of the human race can pull ...
There's going to be another one come along and prove you WRONG!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the DS remark guy -- point it at him and say -- yep DSthats what i was looking for ---looks like I found a big pile of it. :D :icon_thumright:

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Well, I don't know about 'stupid', but among the most entertaining comments was, "That sure is a quiet weedeater!"

And then there was a downright nasty comment, by a walking lady, as I was detecting on a ball field; She muttered, loud enough so that I could hear her, "I hope it blows up in your face !" And I have not a clue what lead her to be so mean-spirited !

I have the most fun with kids at the parks. I've had as many as a dozen of them hounding me at one time ! They really enjoy the thrill of the hunt, I suppose. In sandparks, I usually let them dig for me if there's a bunch that seem really interested.
Ha! Ha! I make 'em agree to a 50/50 split, first, if a big ring or something valuable is found. Never happened.

It's all good.

Ratman

Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How often do you scavenge ?

That's against the law you know !

Looking for land mines ?

Your wasting your time doing that here so why don't you go over to the kids sand box where all the coins are at !

Im calling the cops your vandalizing the park !

I've had people even offer me change from their pockets then throw it and say now you gotta find it if you want it that bad . And another time while detecting a city park a women and her daughter walked up to me with a plate of food from their picnic they were having and asked when was the last time you ate a good meal ?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I normally hunt beaches and I guess the most common phrase I've heard is, "Ever find anything good"? Being who I am, I never vary from my list of one liners.

Nope, so feel free to leave a donation and I'll find it later.
Not much, just enough to buy a house and a Rolls. I'm still waiting for that big score
Not yet, but your ring would look good in my sifter
I lost my school ring around here 40 years ago and I hope to find it
Word was a pirate ship wrecked close to here and I bit they didn't carry that heavy chest too far.
I'm just looking for centennial quarters to complete my coin book.
Some kids had a beach party here last night and one of them was reported missing.

I have also used landmines since "Sandy Hook" NJ was also a military base during WWII. The adjoining beach Sea Bright which is where I hunt and I tell people that the Marines used this beach to practice landing's for D-Day and wanted to keep it real. If I really wanted to have fun with them I would case carried a brass casing. Maybe next time out I will :laughing7:

I have a ton more, but it would bore you :laughing9:

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two middle age ladys where huffing and puffin around the jogging track at a local school yard i was in the middle grassy area with my MD they passed me by a few times and finally they stopped running and came over and asked me what was i listening for ? i took off my phones and said this is the epicenter of the earth quake we had last night and i can hear rumples in the ground after shocks :laughing7: they got all upset and one lady said i didn't feel anything last night i had a good line for that but i kept my mouth shut :tongue3: then she said omg !! i hope we don't have another one, lmao i just let it go at that and they walked away Dd60

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread