Heres a little secret...

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a little secret...

I'm into videography/filmmaking. Just as a hobby. Making short films, documentaries, etc.

So, every now and again, I like to hit the pawn shops to see if I can get any good deals on equiptment. Well...

Believe it or not, I've seen quite a few metal detectors for sale too. Mainly for three reasons I suppose. One, someone is strapped for cash and needs to sell quick. Two, they might have a vice that needs to be filled with a fast buck. Or third, they bought the thing and cannot figure it out, or became frustrated and decided to sell it. So...

Keep your eyes open in the pawn shops :thumbsup: You can sometimes get a MUCH better deal than you can online AND you can actually see and hold the unit first to see if it's up to snuff. Plus, no chance of getting swindled since you're right in front of the seller. :sign13:

When we're "negotiating" a deal, I like to take out a stack of bills and mention "all cash, what's the bottom line you can do". Also, if the item is on pawn, find out when the owner is supposed to pick it up. Go back the day after. If the owner doesn't pick it up, the shop keeper would rather make a quick sale than have the item sit for a long time :thumbsup:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Here's a little secret...

Yeah buddy, you got that right. Especially in areas where there are treasure legends. Lawton Oklahoma pawn shops have probably the greatest selection of detectors you'll ever see, as many soldiers thought the pickins were easy, but turned out to be work. All are used of course. If you're not into detecting, the strip along Sheridan Blvd. has the greatest selection of other things you'll ever see, and yes, all are definitely used. (Only folks from SW OK or stationed at Ft. Sill will get that)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread