Silver dollar or gold coin found? New Forum Topic?

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Almost everyone here loves to read about either gold coins or silver dollars that have been found.

Just got done posting some finds to various state forums.

How about having a part of each state forum where you can post historic finds of silver dollar(s), cache(s), rare coin or gold coin(s)? The best places to look for treasure IMO are where it's already been found.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would any intelligent person tell you where they found a cache of coins or a gold coin?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Tuberale, go to your state's T'net state-specific page. Look down at the options, and you will notice a tab there for "finds". Why not just put your finds there, if you want your post to be under a state-specific heading?

However, if you'll notice though, that most states don't have anyone posting under those tabs. Most people go straight to the actual "today's find" section (non-state-specific), and post there if they have something to brag about (gold coins, as you say, or silver dollars, caches, etc....). So why create more headings that replicate ones already here, and ...... aren't even used as it is?

OP
OP
Tuberale

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I'm thinking more of posting where previous coins/caches have been found. Treasure hunting has been around for hundreds of years. Lots of historic treasures have been found and recorded in history. Case in point: William Penn's salvage of the Conception, a sister-ship of the Nuestra Senora de Atocha that was found by Mel Fisher. British queen thanked Penn for his salvaged treasure by giving him a little fiefdom called Pennsylvania.

In going through my books and magazines, I come across lots of these references. As a researcher, I MUCH prefer these leads.

As for posting the information under individual states, as previously stated, not many posts going up. How many people like to read about gold coins, diamond rings, or silver dollars being found? Would you rather search by state, or go directly to a more general forum site? Do you read more state finds or go to the Today's Finds forum?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tuberale, you are answering your own question when you say:

"....the information under individual states, as previously stated, not many posts going up."

So why do you think adding yet another state-specific-tab-topic-specific tab, is going to do anything different? It, like those, will just become one that few persons ever look at. You have answered your own "why?" question.

Why not just start putting something interesting, like you suggest, on the states sub-category tabs, that already exist? Then ...... if it's interesting enough, others will eventually see, chime in their comments, and PRESTO, traffic :hello:

OP
OP
Tuberale

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Tom_in_CA said:
Tuberale, you are answering your own question when you say:

"....the information under individual states, as previously stated, not many posts going up."

So why do you think adding yet another state-specific-tab-topic-specific tab, is going to do anything different? It, like those, will just become one that few persons ever look at. You have answered your own "why?" question.

Why not just start putting something interesting, like you suggest, on the states sub-category tabs, that already exist? Then ...... if it's interesting enough, others will eventually see, chime in their comments, and PRESTO, traffic :hello:
That's why the topic needs to be more general: not state-specific.

Putting the information in a more general forum would likely result in greater readership.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
tuberale, now you are going around in circles. I refer you to your initial post. Notice you say:

"How about having a part of each state forum where ...... " [emphasis mine]

and now, in your latest, you say:

" ..... to be more general: not state-specific. " [emphasis mine]

You are making no sense.

OP
OP
Tuberale

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Tom_in_CA said:
tuberale, now you are going around in circles. I refer you to your initial post. Notice you say:

"How about having a part of each state forum where ...... " [emphasis mine]

and now, in your latest, you say:

" ..... to be more general: not state-specific. " [emphasis mine]

You are making no sense.
My error. I just read what I wrote too.

Guess I'll continue to post old caches which have been found on the state forum sites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread