silver and coins just waiting to fall ..the push pull game machines. can u win ?

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
well were talkin about the push pull games u see at gas sta

n truckstops.

the ones where silver dollars..lots of quarters and other prizes

seem to be just waiting to fall into ur lap..all 4 for the low

price of putting a quarter in. these sure seem to attract a crowd

whenever i see them. AND YEAH IVE TRIED IT TOO.

one man only put in 3 quarters and got a lot of coins

and prizes. was he a shill ? or ringer ?

another man put in about 10 dollars and only got 2 dollars

back. i played about 3 dollars and when i got coins

it was exactly 3 dollars so i broke even and left.

what is the story on these. i know they have side slots

where most coins get pushed into the keeper.

what is the legal status of these.? i travel the midwest

and south and they seem to be in every state but sprinkled

around and not real common. are these considered

real gambling or how do the operators get away

with having these in states that dont allow regular slots.

B

BIG61AL

All mechanized gambling games are designed to take in as much money as possible and pay out the least amount possible. The only way to truly win is to not play them.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
they look like they are designed to mound up or push said coin up into the pile.when I was a kid these
and other prize machines were easier to win but now it looks like they refined it to work in there favor.
I would like to see the platforms without the coins on it,would prove interesting.

one machine on the boardwalk down the jersey shore was winnable.prizes in clear containers would
spin around while you pressed a button and a mechanical arm would sweep out and if timed right it
would push prize off the spinning shelf into recovery tray.I won a couple of prizes including a gold
necklace with an anchor medallion.the following year I went the machine was spinning alot faster
and the prize would just whip around the arm barely moving away from center towards recovery tray.

the grappling claw games are designed to giveway(unable to grasp) to any prize with any significant weight.I will only play that if there is a featherweight plush toy just for giggles.for the last decade I
have not seen these cheap little plush dolls.I only see big eye catching (popular cartoon character) dolls
or watches in clear plastic containers.the plastic containers or cylinders have what I suspect is a weighted disc on the bottom.

other than giggles save your money.

Attachments

• 41421_1153149292_2059_s.jpg
    41421_1153149292_2059_s.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 242

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions