What do you dig with?

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are what I use. I took the pics from the internet. The top two are both made by Predator tools. The Lesche digger (bottom one) that I own is not the predator tools version, it's the Hunt Wilde's version. I use the top one (Raptor) the most because it's indestructable and removes alot of earth (next best thing to using a shovel) compared to the lesche. It's wider and longer than the Lesche. The shovel is used in woods only but is very well made and digs a nice deep plug. The Lesche digger is fine for smaller plugs and cutting through roots and stabbing through hard pack and good for precise digging.
HH
John

Attachments

• Predator tools.jpg
    Predator tools.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 282

jslayton

Greenie
Nov 30, 2010
Jefferson City, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
my 7 dollar digger from lowes... it has measurements in the scoop part from 1 inch to 6 inch. so you can guess how far you have dug :P

picture was borrowed from the internet..

Attachments

• 038313132200lg.jpg
    038313132200lg.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 212

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been using a Lesche now for about 3-years. . . I made one modification
to it's grip using the rubber "ball" end of an old hockey stick. It's been
a lot more comfortable to the hand when digging in hard ground.

hockey grip.jpg

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
watercolor,
That's a great idea on the hockey stick ball to pad the end of the handle on your digger. I use a Japanese gardening knife (Hori Hori) and had to put a foam motorcycle grip on the handle. I left a little extra at the end for padding and it works well. I wish I had seen your set up before I did mine. Where would a body get this stick end? Can they be ordered seperately?.....I would hate to have to buy a hockey stick for the end!!

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roland58 said:
watercolor,
That's a great idea on the hockey stick ball to pad the end of the handle on your digger. I use a Japanese gardening knife (Hori Hori) and had to put a foam motorcycle grip on the handle. I left a little extra at the end for padding and it works well. I wish I had seen your set up before I did mine. Where would a body get this stick end? Can they be ordered seperately?.....I would hate to have to buy a hockey stick for the end!!

My son was throwing out his broken hockey stick and I snagged it before garbage day.
I put it on the Hori I was using and when I broke the blade, I put it on the Lesche.

Unfortunately, I didn't write down the name of the hockey stick company that made it.
I'll ask my son if he can remember the name of the company when I see him.

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WC, better yet........when your son breaks another stick, or, if he knows someone that breaks one, tell him to save the ball off of the end for me. I'd be happy to pay postage! ;D
Not a lot of hockey going on around here.

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love the Lesche digger! It truly is the best.

dgerst

Dec 9, 2008
SW Kansas
Detector(s) used
Multi Kruzer, Teknetics Patriot, Bandido II μMax, Tejon, Deeptech Vista Warrior, Treasure Baron Cointrax 2.2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Kellyco Gator and an Ames 7 in 1. I mostly use the Ames. The Hori Hori looks nice for the way I usually dig (slitting). I'll probably break down and try one eventually.

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dgerst said:
I have a Kellyco Gator and an Ames 7 in 1. I mostly use the Ames. The Hori Hori looks nice for the way I usually dig (slitting). I'll probably break down and try one eventually.

Not sure if the Hori Hori would be the best for 'slitting.' It does have a cupped blade.....making it ideal for plugs and taking loose dirt out of the hole. Since you usually slit the ground, do you use a probe and something to 'pop' a coin out? I need to see a video on that procedure.....I'll do a Youtube search later.

MD epidemic

Nov 15, 2010
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal, wader,Vaquero,Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what i use.

Epi

Attachments

• Knife.JPG
    Knife.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 161
  • K9.jpg
    K9.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Knife.JPG
    Knife.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 157
  • K9.jpg
    K9.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 144

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SWEEEEEEET ! Where did ya get it ? Did ya make it? The blade looks tempered. :coffee2:

MD epidemic

Nov 15, 2010
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal, wader,Vaquero,Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
extractor said:
SWEEEEEEET ! Where did ya get it ? Did ya make it? The blade looks tempered. :coffee2:

Yes, I made it.The blade is heat treated and tempered.

Epi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread