any pros or cons on the goldbug SE floating around out there

dfg4240

Jun 26, 2008
Pittsford,NY
Detector(s) used
whites eagle Spectrum. Mxt, Silver umax, Bandido ll umax, X-terra 70, Xterra-705, fisher F5, fisher CZ-70 pro
(3)Tejons, 3-Cibola, Teknetics T2, minelab Safari. Minelab SE Pro, Fisher CZ-3d. (2)el
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: any pro's or con's on the goldbug SE floating around out there

Dfg,
I am currently putting the Gold Bug 2 and the GMT through their paces side by side. I will soon start posting the results. If the GB SE is as sensitive as the GB 2, go for it. The 10" coil on the GB2 easily picked up a .14 gram piece of gold. I just did that today and will continue tomorrow with smaller pieces. But that's already pretty small! TTC (update:) I was able to pick up a #7 1/2 shotgun pellet at more than one inch..... the pellet is .04 gram.... that's 4 hundreths of a gram! And that's very good. Yes, the test was done with a bench test. But relative to my Gold Stinger, no comparison.... the Gold stinger DID NOT register a beep, or even a peep. TTC

OP
OP
dfg4240

dfg4240

Jun 26, 2008
Pittsford,NY
Detector(s) used
whites eagle Spectrum. Mxt, Silver umax, Bandido ll umax, X-terra 70, Xterra-705, fisher F5, fisher CZ-70 pro
(3)Tejons, 3-Cibola, Teknetics T2, minelab Safari. Minelab SE Pro, Fisher CZ-3d. (2)el
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thanks -I'll be waiting to see what you have to say/
thanks
DFG

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

My surf master PI did almost as good. Picked up one #6 lead shot at 2" in desert near Plaster City Cal.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Frankn said:
My surf master PI did almost as good. Picked up one #6 lead shot at 2" in desert near Plaster City Cal.
That's still good. The problem I am finding, though, is the signal from this tiny #7 1/2 pellet is being LOST in the snap-crackle-pop of the ground noise! Since the GMT and the GB2 are both brand new machines to me, I must play, learn, and record the best possible performance I can squeeze out of these toys! Stay tuned. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread