Is my Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II Good Enough to go beach combing?

peterk422

Aug 13, 2010
I just bought a Quick Draw II without doing much research. I wanted a detector to do some beach combing when I go on vacation this fall. I realize now that there are differences in metal detectors depending on where and what you are detecting. Can I get by with my Quick Draw II.? I have never been metal detecting before.
I appreciate any opinions.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will be alright in the dry sand. But I doubt you will be able to get near the wet sand with it. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
P

peterk422

Aug 13, 2010
Thanks Mainer. I would also like to know, when you talk about wet sand, are you referring to salt water beaches only?

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
peterk422 said:
Thanks Mainer. I would also like to know, when you talk about wet sand, are you referring to salt water beaches only?

Nope. The term wet sand is basically anywhere below the high water mark. Anything above where the water comes in is called the dry sand. You will be able to hunt the dry sand. If your on a fresh water beach you will be able to hunt anywhere on that. Just remember not to get your control box wet if you go near the water. :thumbsup:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can probably still use it some on the salt but will have the knock back the sense a lot and deal with some falsing. It's basically the proverbial knife at a gun fight, with the guns being PI units, or multi freq. detectors. But sometimes good luck can conquer all!

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scrub the ground with the coil, :thumbsup: get all the dept you can.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also besides scrubing the gound you need to keep the coil level all the way through. Don't lift the coilatthe ends of the sweep either. Good luck and don't disc out pull tabs as this is where most of the gold rings will be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread