Aussie hung parliament result

Lucky Eddie

Feb 9, 2010
Yesterdays federal election down under - resulted in neither of the major parties winning enough seats to form a majority government in their own right.

Because of this - it would seem that they must speak with the 5 independents and try to see who will work with which side to form a government.

Australians NEWEST Political party, the Australian Sex Party, did not win a single seat yet they did garner a large proportion of the disenchanted voters who are tired of the two party political system. Their leader - said that while they didn't manage to win a single seat - the fact that the result was a 'hung' parliament, augured well for the future of his party, but a much better result from their point of view - would have been a "well hung" parliament result.! :laughing9: :headbang: :laughing7: :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

Yeah I know - we can't speak about politics - but if this weren't so sad - it would be funny!.

Cheers!

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess in the end it was just too hard for them. Maybe the next time a cunning linguist can stimulate enough voters to get a seat or two. ;D

OP
OP
L

Lucky Eddie

Feb 9, 2010
Just about a month or so before the election,

Our elected prime minister, Kevin Rudd was dumped by the party machine, and his deputy Julia Gillard assumed the mantle of Prime Minister of Australia - Australia's first woman prime minister at that, BUT an historic moment for Australia - as she did it without a mandate from the people at the polling booths, she attained the position by chicanery!

This is how we down under deal with such issues.

On a bitterly cold morning in Canberra, Kevvy is being chauffeured to Parliament House.
It is so cold that Lake Burley Griffin in the Nations Capital has frozen over.

As he jumps out of the GM Caprice, Kevvy looks over the Lake & notices that someone has "peed" on the ice & left a message . . . . . . . . . ."K E V V Y S U C K S".

Kevvy is enraged & orders ASIO to investigate with "no expenses spared" & to report within two weeks.

Two weeks later, the head of ASIO reports to the PM & says...."our investigation is over & I have three pieces of news for you . . . . good news, bad news & terribly bad shocking news".

"Well" says Kevvy, "give me the good news". The head of ASIO says . . .

"We spent $5 million dollars on the investigation & have come to a successful result".

"Well" says Kevvy "what's the bad news?"

The head of ASIO says "The DNA testing shows the urine is Treasurer Wayne Swann's".

Kevvy is shocked beyond belief.

Looking pale, Kevvy says" & what is the terribly bad shocking news?"

The ASIO chief replies . . . . "It's Julia Gillard's hand writing". ::) :headbang: :hello2: :laughing7:

Cheers

Wildcat

Oct 14, 2009
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 2 x Gold Snoops Whites Bullseye Pinpointer
yeah well, next time I'm voting for the fishing and shooters party.....

The Cat

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If we didn,t have too vote, i think no-one would have turned up :laughing7: :laughing7: the magpies win the AFL flag is more important ;D ;D ;D

tinpan "Good old Collingwood for ever " :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
L

Lucky Eddie

Feb 9, 2010
yeah well, next time I'm voting for the fishing and shooters party.....

Hahh! ;D :icon_thumright: :wink:

Funny that you should say that - true story...

1. No 'next time' about it - this time they actually got my vote for the senate. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

2. I once stood as a state leader for the fishing (now fishing / shooters) party in my home state, but we couldn't raise the needed 500 members to register a state Fishing/Shooters party to sit members in marginal seats against the then incumbent Labor party!

If we didn't have too vote, i think no-one would have turned up
Never a truer word written! :laughing7: :laughing7:

Cheers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread