Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    us
    Aug 2010
    Aboard a UFO, hovering over South Carolina...
    White's Classic 5 ID
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Looks Like I'm NOT Stuck With It, AFTER ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally heard from Kellyco, regarding this crappy White's Classic 5 ID detector. They said the reason I couldn't find any of the 9 items I buried (at only 4" deep) was they haven't been in the ground long enough.

I mentioned the erratic screen displays & random meaningless beeps, even when it's laying on the ground not even being touched... they blamed it on mineralized soil. I told them I tried turning the sensitivity ALL THE WAY DOWN, & it STILL did it... they blamed it on mineralized soil.

Told them about the air test, & how it will barely detect a penny at 4", BARELY (measured with a ruler for accuracy), or 6" BARELY, if sensitivity is WIDE OPEN,... they said the air test was not reliable or was inaccurate, something to that effect.

With a whopping 30% restocking fee, or 20% if I pick another detector, it looks like I'm just stuck with this thing. So, this has turned into a $400 nightmare that I'll be paying on for months to come. I wish to heck I had never bought it...

"The Lord is my shepherd"
    **** The Lord Is My Shepherd! *****
    (Geezer & Treasure Hunter At Large)

May 2005
    Maine
    Minelab Etrac Fisher F75 SE
    8 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: Looks Like I'm Stuck With It...

Call Whites or send it to them, they are a good company and the detector has a warrenty. If theres something wrong with it they will fix it.

Charter Member
    us
    shhh...the person who posted above me just farted but wont see this since you scrolled down.

Dec 2009
    St. Charles County, Missouri
    Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star
    3 times

Sorry but I had to stop reading after the first sentence. I'm pretty good at multi-tasking but even I can't laugh my butt off and read at the same time!
    When detectors are outlawed, only outlaws will have detectors

On extended Holiday.

Dec 2008
    40 times

Something doesn't sound right. Have you tried KellycoChick here on the board. PM her about your problem or invite her to this thread to discuss the issues you are having.

I'm not familiar with that specific detector but something isn't right. Do you know another detectorist in your area that could try out your machine and see what results they get?

us
    Aug 2010
    White's Classic 5 ID

Quote Originally Posted by DigginThePast
    Something doesn't sound right. Have you tried KellycoChick here on the board. PM her about your problem or invite her to this thread to discuss the issues you are having.

I'm not familiar with that specific detector but something isn't right. Do you know another detectorist in your area that could try out your machine and see what results they get?
    Never heard of her, but maybe it's worth a shot. As for other detectorists, no, I don't know any, & I live out in the boonies, to make matters worse.

I was so aggravated when I was on the phone with Kellyco, I completely forgot to tell them about what it does in "all metal mode".... it detects EVERYTHING! Wood, glass, fabric, cardboard, even air movement when I wave it around! More like RADAR! Is that normal?

Still, I'd rather "eat it", & use it like it is, than lose over $100 restocking fee, plus shipping costs, plus a 50-mile-round-trip to town to ship it back, besides all of the hassle. Although I DO regret buying it, at least it works.... sort of. Not all that great, but it does work...

On extended Holiday.

Dec 2008
    40 times

SirJoey

I sent KellycoChick a PM with a link to this thread. Hopefully you can get your machine straightened out, whatever the problem may be.

us
    Mar 2010
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Whites Beach Hunter, Fisher 1220 1225 F2 F4, BH Land Star, Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero

As mentioned before, you should call Whites and deal with them. You're probably going to have to pay the freight for the detector no matter who you send it to. It's better to just deal with the manufactuer. Kellyco had a bad one. It happens from time to time, but they may have more bad ones that nobody knows about yet. Whites will take care of you. If you keep and use a detector that is not properly working, you'll just end up sticking it in a closet.

us
    Aug 2010
    White's Classic 5 ID

Quote Originally Posted by slowNsteady
    If you keep and use a detector that is not properly working, you'll just end up sticking it in a closet.
    You may be right.

Talk about generic BS answers! I bet the person you were talking to has no knowledge and is trained to give those answers. They'd have to be because how the hell would they know what your soil was like! It's crap, call whites and tell them you're not getting any help and you think you're detector is broken. Maybe it is, or maybe it isn't, but if that's how Kellyco deals with their customers everyone reading this should pay attention!

IP (a former multi-line dealer)

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5960 times

first off they are not wrong on the depth
    Air tests don't count. You don't detect through Air.
    and freshly buried items don't detect as deep.
    4 inches should work though IF
    it's set right.

however, if it is carrying on, laying flat on the ground,
    Outside away from all Metal;
    you either don't have something right
    or it's defective.

Not familiar with that detector,
    & Can't see if you put it togeter correctly

so at this point all I can say is Good Luck !

Kellyco Or whites may be able to help

If you get ahold of the correct persons.

Charter Member
    us

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5960 times

is the coil wire snuggly wraped around the stem,
    & Connected to the Control Box Correctly ?

Don't Laugh, or take this as an Insult.

I Had a Sovereign user walk up to me
    with the unwrapped wire Hanging down on the ground

His batteries were not Charged

& It was screaming Madly.

He was PO'd at me for telling him how good
    My Sovereign works.
    & Thought he got Ripped off.

I'v also had people ask if they
    should Cut off the extra length of Coil wire

us
    Aug 2010
    White's Classic 5 ID

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch
    how the hell would they know what your soil was like!
    LOL! Iron Patch, when he mentioned mineralized soil, I told him yes, it is, cuz it really IS, but how could this thing still detect even mineralized soil with the sensitivity turned all the way down? He said it still could, so IDK, maybe it can.

Jeff of PA agreed that air tests don't count, so IDK. I mean, I'm just a rookie here, so maybe the guy was right about both, IDK. I could live with it only detecting coins & small stuff up to 3" deep, but the erratic behaviour's very annoying.

Oh, & Jeff, no offence taken, believe me, I know how stupid people can be, but yeah, everything's hooked up right, & according to the book, the ground balance is right. The thing DOES work, just not all that great, & when I lay it down to dig, & it's laying there beeping & the display's jumpin' around, I keep wondering... maybe it's alienz...

us
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits."~Albert Einstein

Jan 2007
    Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
    249 times

Doesn't KellyCo tell it's customers to send the detectors to the manufacturer and not to them if it isn't working correctly? Seems like I read that on their website.

I don't care what anyone says, that White's SHOULD detect a freshly buried coin in 4 inches of soil. End of discussion. I'm a Tesoro user, but have had Whites and they are good machines. Something is wrong with your machine and if KellyCo wants to charge you $100 to change machines, tell them to shove it and send it to Whites for adjustments and file an official complaint with them about KellyCo's charging for exchange and giving you the runaround.
    "Dobie created the HUNGER............Von Mueller said, EAT". comment by HELM Associates on the dedication page of their book, Treaasure Lead Generation.

Quote Originally Posted by SirJoey
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch
    how the hell would they know what your soil was like!
    LOL! Iron Patch, when he mentioned mineralized soil, I told him yes, it is, cuz it really IS, but how could this thing still detect even mineralized soil with the sensitivity turned all the way down? He said it still could, so IDK, maybe it can.

Jeff of PA agreed that air tests don't count, so IDK. I mean, I'm just a rookie here, so maybe the guy was right about both, IDK. I could live with it only detecting coins & small stuff up to 3" deep, but the erratic behaviour's very annoying.

Oh, & Jeff, no offence taken, believe me, I know how stupid people can be, but yeah, everything's hooked up right, & according to the book, the ground balance is right. The thing DOES work, just not all that great, & when I lay it down to dig, & it's laying there beeping & the display's jumpin' around, I keep wondering... maybe it's alienz...

Air tests don't count? Strange considering 99.9% of us use them to determine if the detector is on and can detect metal. If I detector can't see a target in an airtest you sure as heck aren't going to get it in the ground. Of course they count, unless you have really bad air too.

Charter Member
    us

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5960 times

Quote Originally Posted by SirJoey
    ... maybe it's alienz...

Yea when it happens to Mine I Always Blame Aliens.

Are you around High Tension Wires ?

My Minelab has gone Erattic On occasion,
    But Never was able to ID the Cause 100 %

But moving to another Local has worked.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors