Looks Like Im NOT Stuck With It, AFTER ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
SirJoey

SirJoey

Aug 9, 2010
Aboard a UFO, hovering over South Carolina...
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5 ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Looks Like I'm Stuck With It...

Well, now UPS has dropped the ball! Got a call early this morning from THEM as well, saying they'd be by to pick up my package sometime between 9 a.m. & 7 p.m. Waited all day... no show, no call, nothing...

So now, it's gonna be yet ANOTHER day of waiting...

The Lord Is My Shepherd!
sirjoeysigmedij1.gif

locolarry

Aug 7, 2010
Cary, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di PRO, WHITES GOLDMASTER 66TR, DETECTOR PRO HEADHUNTER

Sorry, Joey!

And, Yall, SirJoey really DOES live back in the sticks, been to his place once.......He lives so far outa town that the UPS delivery guy has to ride out there on a brown horse to deliver packages. Grin

Maybe he fell off his horse! :tongue3:

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa

Im glad to see that KC is working with you on this problem, Let us know how it works out as it can be a deciding factor in who we choose for our next purchase!

OP
OP
SirJoey

SirJoey

Aug 9, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5 ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

STILL waiting on UPS! They were supposed to pick this thing up YESTERDAY, but never showed, never called, nothing, so I called them this morning. After calling 3 different phone numbers, about 15 minutes worth of answering machines, automated menus that can't understand human speech, etc, I finally got in touch with an actual LIVE HUMAN!!!

After explaining the situation, I was told I'd receive a return confirmation call within the hour. That was nearly 3 hours ago.

Perhaps someday I'll actually get to go out detecting again.

In the meantime, I'm still waiting... :sad11:

The Lord Is My Shepherd!
sirjoeysigmedij1.gif

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SirJoey said:

STILL waiting on UPS! They were supposed to pick this thing up YESTERDAY, but never showed, never called, nothing, so I called them this morning. After calling 3 different phone numbers, about 15 minutes worth of answering machines, automated menus that can't understand human speech, etc, I finally got in touch with an actual LIVE HUMAN!!!

After explaining the situation, I was told I'd receive a return confirmation call within the hour. That was nearly 3 hours ago.

Perhaps someday I'll actually get to go out detecting again.

In the meantime, I'm still waiting... :sad11:

The Lord Is My Shepherd!
sirjoeysigmedij1.gif
Someone's probally swinging a coil over your secret spot right now! lol just kidding, hope it comes through for you.

OP
OP
SirJoey

SirJoey

Aug 9, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5 ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Finally got my confirmation call from Unlimited Package Smashers, just before noon today, ASSURING me once AGAIN that they would DEFINITELY be here to pick up my package TODAY. Waited all day long... again... UPS never showed... again...

Sound familiar?

So, no show, no call, nothing... AGAIN. Deja-vu, an exact replay of yesterday. And, since today is Friday, I now get to wait at LEAST 3 MORE DAYS! Totally, absolutely, unbelievable.

Maybe if I call 'em again Monday morning, wade through several more answering machines & robotic answering menus, & ask real nice, they'll grace me with their presence, & I'll be able to get my replacement MD sometime before the first snowfall...

The Lord Is My Shepherd!
sirjoeysigmedij1.gif

locolarry

Aug 7, 2010
Cary, North Carolina
Detector(s) used

SJ,
The NEXT time you speak with a Human at UPS demand to speak to a Manager! Explain what's happened on this deal, no show, etc. LOUDLY.....Someone will come get that package or we'll ALL start calling UPS! Post the phone number with area code!
Larry

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Iron Patch said:
SirJoey said:
Iron Patch said:
how the hell would they know what your soil was like!
LOL! Iron Patch, when he mentioned mineralized soil, I told him yes, it is, cuz it really IS, but how could this thing still detect even mineralized soil with the sensitivity turned all the way down? He said it still could, so IDK, maybe it can.

Jeff of PA agreed that air tests don't count, so IDK. I mean, I'm just a rookie here, so maybe the guy was right about both, IDK. I could live with it only detecting coins & small stuff up to 3" deep, but the erratic behaviour's very annoying.

Oh, & Jeff, no offence taken, believe me, I know how stupid people can be, but yeah, everything's hooked up right, & according to the book, the ground balance is right. The thing DOES work, just not all that great, & when I lay it down to dig, & it's laying there beeping & the display's jumpin' around, I keep wondering... maybe it's alienz...

"The Lord is my shepherd"
sirjoeysigmedij1.gif

Air tests don't count? Strange considering 99.9% of us use them to determine if the detector is on and can detect metal. ;D If I detector can't see a target in an airtest you sure as heck aren't going to get it in the ground. Of course they count, unless you have really bad air too. :wink:
We have trouble with mineralized air in Tennessee. A pulse detector works better in air that is highly mineralized.

locolarry

Aug 7, 2010
Cary, North Carolina
Detector(s) used

"We have trouble with mineralized air in Tennessee. A pulse detector works better in air that is highly mineralized".

LOL! :laughing7:

I love this board...........................!

and "they" call ME "LOCO"! ::)

OP
OP
SirJoey

SirJoey

Aug 9, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5 ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's Monday now, & so begins another day of waiting for Unlimited Package Smashers. I sure hope they
finally show up to pick up my MD... you know, the one they were supposed to pick up last THURSDAY?!! :tongue3:
Then, in about another week or so, I may be able to re-join the ranks of the detectorist army!
:laughing9:

The Lord Is My Shepherd!
sirjoeysigmedij1.gif

OP
OP
SirJoey

SirJoey

Aug 9, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5 ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

...and ANOTHER day of waiting all day long for UPS to show up, for nothing. As usual, no show, no call, nothing.

If they had shown up last THURSDAY, like they were originally SUPPOSED to, I'd prolly be close to getting my replacement MD by now, cuz Kellyco is lightning fast on shipping stuff out!

And the wait drags ever onward! Thanx a lot, Unlimited Package Smashers!
:angry5:

The Lord Is My Shepherd!
sirjoeysigmedij1.gif

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

battlecat said:
Im glad to see that KC is working with you on this problem, Let us know how it works out as it can be a deciding factor in who we choose for our next purchase!

I have looked at Kellyco on some machines as well. Always seem to go back to Tesoro. They are bullet proof but Kellyco does not carry them. :dontknow:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

SirJoey said:

Finally heard from Kellyco, regarding this crappy White's Classic 5 ID detector. They said the reason I couldn't find any of the 9 items I buried (at only 4" deep) was they haven't been in the ground long enough.

I mentioned the erratic screen displays & random meaningless beeps, even when it's laying on the ground not even being touched... they blamed it on mineralized soil. I told them I tried turning the sensitivity ALL THE WAY DOWN, & it STILL did it... they blamed it on mineralized soil.

Told them about the air test, & how it will barely detect a penny at 4", BARELY (measured with a ruler for accuracy), or 6" BARELY, if sensitivity is WIDE OPEN,... they said the air test was not reliable or was inaccurate, something to that effect.

With a whopping 30% restocking fee, or 20% if I pick another detector, it looks like I'm just stuck with this thing. So, this has turned into a $400 nightmare that I'll be paying on for months to come. I wish to heck I had never bought it... :BangHead:

"The Lord is my shepherd"
sirjoeysigmedij1.gif
NEXT TIME,

SEEK YOUR LOCAL DEALER.

OP
OP
SirJoey

SirJoey

Aug 9, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5 ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ok, here we go again. It's now Tuesday, & another day of waiting & hoping. UPS says (yet again) that they'll be here today to pick up the package. (Now where have I heard THAT one before?) THIS time, KELLYCO called them (for the SECOND time), & got onto 'em.

Naturally, the driver lied through his teeth & claimed he'd been here, & that the package wasn't ready. Wotta crock... it's been ready & sitting by the door for 5 days now, ever since last Thursday morning, when they first called, & I've been here every single day, waiting all day long.

This ridiculous delay is not Kellyco's fault, of course. It's UPS'! :angry5:

...and the waiting continues. :sad11:

The Lord Is My Shepherd!
sirjoeysigmedij1.gif

OP
OP
SirJoey

SirJoey

Aug 9, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5 ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's now past 7 p.m. Tuesday...

UPS...:angry5: no show...:angry5: no call...:angry5: nothing...:angry5: AGAIN! :angry5:

I think I'm starting to see a pattern here.

...and the waiting CONTINUES! :sad11:

The Lord Is My Shepherd!
sirjoeysigmedij1.gif

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

seems to me they are stopping at the wrong
place and they are telling ups :dontknow:

odd they found you to deliver it.
Perhaps They also damaged it.

I'm sure Kellyco will extend your
In-store Warranty Period also

OP
OP
SirJoey

SirJoey

Aug 9, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5 ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wednesday morning now, & so begins day #7 in the ongoing saga of "Waiting For UPS".

On the plus side, Kellyco called me this morning, & said they contacted UPS again last night. UPS told them they would "attempt" to pick up the package again today. ATTEMPT?!! What's so difficult about it? So far, they've never been here once!

Maybe their driver should ATTEMPT to tell the truth, that he gets to the end of his work day & wants to go home, so he just skips it over. :tongue3:

The Lord Is My Shepherd!
sirjoeysigmedij1.gif

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SirJoey said:

Wednesday morning now, & so begins day #7 in the ongoing saga of "Waiting For UPS".

On the plus side, Kellyco called me this morning, & said they contacted UPS again last night. UPS told them they would "attempt" to pick up the package again today. ATTEMPT?!! What's so difficult about it? So far, they've never been here once!

Maybe their driver should ATTEMPT to tell the truth, that he gets to the end of his work day & wants to go home, so he just skips it over. :tongue3:

The Lord Is My Shepherd!
sirjoeysigmedij1.gif

FEDEX! What are you waiting for! I've always had very good luck with them both for picking up and delivery. It only took one day of lies dealing with the UPS system to know I will never use them again. In my case I was waiting for something with a fairly high value so didn't want it floating around any extra time. It was already late do to customs, and you think that would get them in gear to deliver it fast.... nope. The 2nd day the tracking said out for delivery but never arrived, and the delivery driver kept it on the truck all day and simply checked it back in for the night. I live in a small place and can guarantee he would have driven North to South one block from my house. So for me it's Fedex all the way. Their delivery on a similar type item was perfect and when it said out for delivery it was here an hour later. I'm sure there are many Fedex stories too, but after a week of waiting I would send the damn thing to FL through the post office than use UPS.

OP
OP
SirJoey

SirJoey

Aug 9, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5 ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, that sounds like typical tales of woe, in dealing with UPS, IronPatch. I don't feel bad at all about bashin' 'em, cuz I've had problems with 'em before on at least a couple of other ocassions.

I agree with ya 100%, if I was shipping it back myself, I'd have given up & used the postal service if I had to, before wasting any more time (AND money) on stinkin' UPS!

Since Kellyco is the one ordering the pickup, it's their decision which carrier to use, but I've already suggested Fed-Ex a couple of times. If UPS fails again today, maybe Kellyco will fire 'em, & switch to Fed-Ex instead, but that's not my decision to make.

The Lord Is My Shepherd!
sirjoeysigmedij1.gif

jeric2

May 29, 2003
Eastern Shore, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer

Dude, why don't you take it to your local UPS store and have them package it up and send it out?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread