How To Spot The Real Thing?

GoldBack

Aug 19, 2010
I'm not here to step on anyones feet or be rude or anything, but I have been looking through various postings of pics and some of them I can really make out the carvings/images, however!! To me.. (just putting it out there) most of the pics of images or "treasure signs" to me just look like nature at its most creative.

I know it takes a special type of "eye" to find and decipher these signs, but could it be possible that some people are forcing images and symbols out of nothing?

How do you know for sure what ur looking at is the real thing?

comments...?

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you are talking about and I am skeptical about some myself. Especially the ones big as a house! ::) But some are genuine and treasure has been found following the signs. Not a lot admittedly but some. Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No , he is talking about signs or markers like those left by the Spanish Conquistadors, a CSA soldier or maybe outlaws. They would mark trees and rock and often carve out or pile up stones identifying hidden treasure. Monty

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Yep, it's true. Those conquistidors were so generous with all the gold they
found they just naturally buried it for Okies to find. All you gotta do is decipher
the clues and bingo. If you can't find any blame Steve Wilson, not Monty.

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Thanks, Monty. I had not heard of such a thing. It would seem a lad could waste a lot of time chasing shadows if treasure hunting like this is your thing.

OT

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldback:
The straight out honest answer to your question is that YOU have to put YOUR boots on the ground and put YOUR hands and eyes on the monuments and symbols "out there" and decide for yourself. Don't readily accept the "believers'" information and for goodness sake don't take the words of the profession naysayers and trolls as gospel either. You'll notice that it's the same handful of naysayers on the treasure forums who consistently put down EVERYTHING "pro" on this subject. Do your own research in historical and professional books and papers and if you aren't convinced by your own work, then take your detector to the tot lots and enjoy yourself. :thumbsup: Have fun and good luck. DO NOT expect to find any references to anyone finding some of those large treasure caches and vaults because only complete fools would advertise their fortune because there are any number of people, organizations, and,yes,governments who would stand in line to sue you. If you don't believe that, read about the legal problems laid on Mel Fisher by the state of Florida over that rich sunken Spanish galleon he found. Also, the more recent find made by a private company of the U.S. that found the very rich sunken boat just outside of the Mediterranean Sea. That company is being sued by Spain over ownership of the contents of that boat.
The byword for professional treasure hunters is "pay your taxes and keep your d----- mouth shut."

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't there a whole thread on this in the forum? I wasn't too interested so I just never really looked. Monty

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One morning I saw a treasure sign in my bowl of corn flakes. I ate the corn flakes thinking there might be treasure in the bowl but the bowl was empty. Then I moved the table to see if there might be a gold coin laying on the floor, but there was nothing under it. So I ripped up the carpet and cut up the floor boards and found nothing underneath the house. So I dug a 10 foot hole in the ground under my breakfast nook, and...

there was nothing there. :dontknow:

SirJoey

Aug 9, 2010
Aboard a UFO, hovering over South Carolina...
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5 ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
...there was nothing there. :dontknow:

THAT'S hard to believe...

The Lord Is My Shepherd!
sirjoeysigmedij1.gif

K

Kentucky Kache

BuckleBoy said:
One morning I saw a treasure sign in my bowl of corn flakes. I ate the corn flakes thinking there might be treasure in the bowl but the bowl was empty. Then I moved the table to see if there might be a gold coin laying on the floor, but there was nothing under it. So I ripped up the carpet and cut up the floor boards and found nothing underneath the house. So I dug a 10 foot hole in the ground under my breakfast nook, and...

there was nothing there. :dontknow:

And then you went to the doctor and had him look inside your head. And once again... :wink:

Seriously, dude, you need a checkup from the neck up.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Back to the subject: I got interested in this when I took a trip out west. I spotted some old images in rocks. There are basically two kinds, the carved type, usually Spanish and the kind drawn with soft rocks, usually native American.There are some good books that describe what they mean. Some can be deceptive like the mule shoe drawn backwards to throw you off. Reading the meaning is an art in itself

BloodyBelle

Aug 22, 2010
GoldBack said:
I'm not here to step on anyones feet or be rude or anything, but I have been looking through various postings of pics and some of them I can really make out the carvings/images, however!! To me.. (just putting it out there) most of the pics of images or "treasure signs" to me just look like nature at its most creative.

I know it takes a special type of "eye" to find and decipher these signs, but could it be possible that some people are forcing images and symbols out of nothing?

How do you know for sure what ur looking at is the real thing?

comments...?

They call it cloud reading. I figure it this ways: Post images and if they look like the "real deal" your PM box will fill up. ;-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread