Field of Miracles

Digz

Jan 5, 2009
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
BH P202
Wow :o
Where in Europe are you? I'm wondering which war these are from.
I cant help but wonder what you were thinking and feeling when you saw these things...whether or not you had relatives in this war...hoping you didnt come across any bones. :(

Thanks for sharing the photos. They really make me realize that I know nothing about the terrible costs of war.

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Digz, KORSU has made many awesome posts here about all the militaria stuff he finds. His English is so-so but he does his best. It's much better than my Finnish.. :P

If I am not mistaken I believe he metal detects somewhere around the Karelian Isthmus. Google it. The area saw a lot of action between the Fins and the Russians. Germans were also in the area at some point of WW2.

KORSU has a lot of great photo's and stories of his discoveries. You can check out a lot of his stuff here:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,297.0.html

And yes, he has found bones. Lots.

Digz

Jan 5, 2009
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
BH P202
That's amazing.
I took your advice & googled it...found a lot of info & photos.

I'll go to the link you provided, altho I have not done so yet ~ thanks!

Wonder what he does when he finds bones - just rebury them? Turn them in to some authority for ID purposes? I guess if it were me I'd probably rebury them with reverence and a prayer, but I don't know really. Hard to say.
If bones were found around where I live I'd have to call the authorities, but this is not a battlefield so perhaps that makes a big difference.

I appreciate the reply & information, CT.

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey no problem Digz, I live to serve. Ask my wife...

Take the time when you can and look for any posts from KORSU.... quite awe inspiring and an eye opener.

If I recall correctly I believe he has repatriated some lost souls to their homeland. I know I read that in one of his posts sometime ago.

If anyone can add more or correct me on this... jump in!

Digz

Jan 5, 2009
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
BH P202
LOL! Smart man!

I just spent a good while looking at KORSU's posts.
A lot of pics have been removed ??? maybe there were too many human remains for someone's comfort.

Gotta agree, it's a real eye-opener...war is so far beyond my scope of experience and comprehension, I have nothing worthy to add to any of the topics.
I pray my sons and grandsons never experience it.
Actually, I pray nobody's sons or grandsons ever do. Futile prayer, I know, but heartfelt...

OP
OP
KORSU

KORSU

Dec 7, 2007
jamppa said:
Wonderful finds !!

have you searched from finnish lapland??

summa, taipale. Äuräpää, teikarinsaari, korkeus 65.5,

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Korsu,I always love your post! Very exciting battle fields you have at your door step. :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread