east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thrillathahunt said:
Coil to Soil said:
m bryan said:
Very addicting hobby..........You drive a long way,brave the heat and cold,battle mosquitios,wear your back and knees out,dig in the ground on your hand and knees,suffer verbal abuse,etc.....all for some stuff you could probally buy on ebay for less than a dollar.......Its the thrill of the hunt!.......

Exactly...It's the thrill of the hunt, the unknown. Very addicting hobby. :headbang:

I couldn't have said it better myself! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
I think you coined that phrase... :icon_thumleft:....now dont get me wrong, I love the history part and the unknown. But if I found a chest full of gold coins I would pee my leg ;D

2bits

Nov 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
One to many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are not alone.
Doc

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Doc. And life can be dull and boring if you don't have dreams.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gad mad at myself for dreaming of those old relics and civil war cannons and 10,000 years old arrowheads. It is crazy as I have more places to hunt then I will ever have time to. Then comes deer season, turkey season, crappie season. And I work every day.
I sure am glad I found t-net though. Gives me a chance to enjoy the finds of others when life gets busy. :thumbsup:
Happy Huntin
TnMtns

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There comes a time in every rightly-constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

Mark Twain had it right. It is the thrill of the hunt as was mentioned before.

Life offers many treasures that only a few of us see or understand. I do not think I will ever give it up, the quest that is.

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
birdman said:
..................is it sane for a 38 year old man to find himself dreaming about going off on great adventures,hunting for pirate treasure or almost any thing from the past ?

Yup, it's sane.

the thing you need to understand is that we are all just ___ year-olds trapped in a _____ year old body. (the psycho-babble world has determined that almost all men think of themselves as early to mid thirties, regardless of their actual age. They tried to determine what age women considered themselves to "be" but they refused to answer the question honestly.........)

So, all is good

:-)

Diggem'

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some would even rationalize dumping the wife, three kids, and the demanding job, in order to pursue his dream of treasure hunting.
Carl

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 59 and I don't know what I'm going to be when I grow up. ???

PaulP_WestKY

Greenie
Aug 20, 2010
West Kentucky
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
I have coffee every morning before work with a couple cousins in a kitchen up a hill and less than a mile from where this was found. http://americanarchaeologist.com/archives/879

They have known this guy since grade school and word is that he has been offered six figures for the artifact. There is a group of friends who've been hunting the creek beds forever and have sizable collections worth a good bit. Along the way, they've discovered patches of ginseng that is apparently another local treasure worth it's weight in gold.

I'm being taken in tow as a Yankee refugee and I'm learning the ropes and adding the quest for these new treasures to my addiction to MD'ing. At 55, I can say that it just keeps getting better and better all the time......though my dear wife might put that a little differently!

HH :icon_thumleft:

Paul P.

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PaulP_WestKY said:
I have coffee every morning before work with a couple cousins in a kitchen up a hill and less than a mile from where this was found. http://americanarchaeologist.com/archives/879

They have known this guy since grade school and word is that he has been offered six figures for the artifact. There is a group of friends who've been hunting the creek beds forever and have sizable collections worth a good bit. Along the way, they've discovered patches of ginseng that is apparently another local treasure worth it's weight in gold.

I'm being taken in tow as a Yankee refugee and I'm learning the ropes and adding the quest for these new treasures to my addiction to MD'ing. At 55, I can say that it just keeps getting better and better all the time......though my dear wife might put that a little differently!

HH :icon_thumleft:

Paul P.
Can we get a Banner vote for the Clovis?

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
You guys can vote all you want to banner the Clovis.
I'll tell you right now it won't happen as first the guy isn't a member to my knowledge,
Second he didn't post it himself.
And third being the only person I know who has been de-bannered...
It has to be a recent find not an old one. This is documented elsewhere as being found some time ago,
as mine was admittedly found earlier.
Worthy or not they have to be recent.

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Dog said:
You guys can vote all you want to banner the Clovis.
I'll tell you right now it won't happen as first the guy isn't a member to my knowledge,
Second he didn't post it himself.
And third being the only person I know who has been de-bannered...
It has to be a recent find not an old one. This is documented elsewhere as being found some time ago,
as mine was admittedly found earlier.
Worthy or not they have to be recent.
I wasn't serious......just comenting on it being a nice item.

Sandpit

Jan 28, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Nautilus 2Ba & Tejon
m bryan said:
The thrill of finding a piece of history,relics and old coins keeps it going. And theres always a chance you could find something valuable. Here's a pic of a trade token I found not long ago. Its about a hundred years old. Not worth much money but has histotial value.....Ewing Texas was a sawmill town that died out in the twenties.
[/

Bryan, The Trantow lumber book lists this token as an R10. 1 to 4 known. R10 value per
the book is $100.00+.

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandpit said:
m bryan said:
The thrill of finding a piece of history,relics and old coins keeps it going. And theres always a chance you could find something valuable. Here's a pic of a trade token I found not long ago. Its about a hundred years old. Not worth much money but has histotial value.....Ewing Texas was a sawmill town that died out in the twenties.
[/

Bryan, The Trantow lumber book lists this token as an R10. 1 to 4 known. R10 value per
the book is $100.00+.
Wow, didn't know that! thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions