Handheld Microscope for taking pictures of coins

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone tried one of these to take close up pictures of your coins? It isn't very expensive and I thought it would make taking close up pictures of my coins a lot easier. It is only about $42 and it hooks into your computer.

Here is the link to it: http://astore.amazon.com/theonramppubl-20/detail/B001UQ6E4E

Let me know what you think!

Don

Attachments

• 31f2JcJx5gL.jpg
    31f2JcJx5gL.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 191

SirJoey

Aug 9, 2010
Aboard a UFO, hovering over South Carolina...
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5 ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kool toy! The common complaint seems to be in difficulty of focusing, but also seems
to be a good value for the money. I'd love to have one, but personally, I think I'd be
willing to spend a bit more for one I'd be happier with in the long run. JMO.

The Lord Is My Shepherd!
sirjoeysigmedij1.gif

OP
OP
OutBack Duo

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a lot of people on here have problems taking close up pictures of their finds and I thought this might help them. It is not top of the line and I am sure it won't correct everyones picture taking but I think a lot of people could benefit from this. I just ordered one, when I get it I will let you all know what I think of it and post some pictures also.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's one thing to want a better close up, but that's overkill unless you're trying to figure out something like a "D" or "S" on a worn coin. We don't need super close shots here, we're not buying the coin, just cursing they found it and not us. :thumbsup:

devan

Aug 3, 2010
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 / Fisher F44
I agree with Iron Patch,

Overkill and a waste of money, check your camera for a flower icon, that is usually the closeup setting and depending on your camera,
you will be able to focus as close as 1cm from the object, my old cheapo trusty camera, a Panasonic DMC-FZ28, takes GREAT pics closeup while using that settings, most of today's cameras have them, just check your camera's manual and save a few bucks :icon_thumright:

regards

Devan

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Everything says it's hand held, but that looks like a stand?
I think I'll try it. I wish my skype would focus up that close.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread