Wheat penny lovers?

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I used to display the chaff but no one seemed to be very impressed. So now I'm a Wheat fan:D

filo

May 6, 2009
I've got a box with each wheat year and mint separated into whitmann containers. I also have a whitmann book where I'm working towards a complete collection. I'm mostly in need of a few key dates right now and I'm slowly knocking a few off as I find them.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As much as I love the old wheats, I let the kids that come to camp look at them, and take a couple home to share the history with their siblings. The few key dates I have, are under a glass viewer for all to enjoy. :)

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 12 year old son keeps all the wheats we find from metal detecting and coin roll hunting. He has completely filled a 1941-1958 Whitman folder from our finds ( excluding the 1943-S that he still needs ). He has started the older folder now with a few finds from the 30's

PJ in WI

Mar 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
EXPLORER SE and an ACE 250
Old Town. I started saving every wheat penny I ever found since I was 11 years old. I am now 55. I do not know what it is but I enjoy the heck out of finding a wheat whether its metal detecting, crh or going through change. I have 3 sets of books. 1 for wheats found in change, 1 for metal detecting, and 1 for crh. All 3 of my children and spouses compete with me to see who can find more. They have been asking for years to go through my extra rolls to fill their books. I only let my grandchildren do that. PJ

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In 25 years of detecting I've dug a little over 6,000 of them. Even the ones with key dates and mint marks loose about 80% of the value due to being in the ground. I've got all of them in a big glass jar displayed on my work bench. I like finding them because silver coins are usually present when the wheaties are found. ;D

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sonoma County Mike said:
In 25 years of detecting I've dug a little over 6,000 of them. Even the ones with key dates and mint marks loose about 80% of the value due to being in the ground. I've got all of them in a big glass jar displayed on my work bench. I like finding them because silver coins are usually present when the wheaties are found. ;D

Where there's wheat's there's silver. (Sometimes) :offtheair:

I save mine as well Looking to dump um off soon

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I save al of my wheats. Plus I also save all pennies that is 1982 and older. I keep my wheats in one cantanier and put my copper pennies into a old milk can.....Matt

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always enjoy digging them and then was given all the full whitmen books and a large bucket full. Kinda overwhelmed me. I enjoy unearthing them best :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions