DanFL1962

Jan 8, 2010
Lawrence County, PA & Brevard County, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & BHID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
White's Service - Centreville Electronics

I've read some posts the past couple of months about people expressing concerns or bad experiences with some manufacturers when trying to get their equipment repaired. Just thought I should share some good news regarding my recent experience.

My BHID is 5 or 6 years old and although I am not fortunate enough to hunt as frequently as a lot of you, my machine has been submerged in the ocean probably fifty or more times. A couple of weeks ago I was caught off guard and took quite a wallop from a wave. My headsets wore torn into two pieces. Once I got back to the beach I found my machine was giving out a continuous high pitched tone, and the LED's were flashing intermittently, even with the power turned off.

I went to White's website to inquire about the repair and saw that Centreville Electronics in Virginia was the authorized repair center for the Southeast. I sent them an email Sunday night and got a reply that same evening from "Bob". He said to get it out to them so I sent it via Priority Mail on Monday. A couple of days later they were already calling me with the repair estimate. I gave my credit card info over the phone. The unit was repaired and back in my hands in just one week.

I know there are a lot of serious water hunters here that would never think of using the BHID. But after my positive experience in getting my unit repaired, I'll likely remain loyal to White's products in the future.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: White's Service - Centreville Electronics

Glad it has all worked out for you. Never have had to have my White's machine in the shop but through all the years (10 to be exact) I've never heard anything but good about Bob and Centreville Electronics.
Not to mention based on reputation alone, he's one heck of a relic hunter...

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"

I must be wrong about this but I just assumed a BHID was a Bounty Hunter and not a White;s machine.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

HCW said:
I must be wrong about this but I just assumed a BHID was a Bounty Hunter and not a White;s machine.

Nope, Beach Hunter ID...

I could understand the confusion..

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:notworthy: Glad to hear all the good things about Bob at Centerville. They have my 21 year old White's Surfmaster. I sent it in and was called with a repair cost in a few days. I have to wait until payday at the end of the month to pay for it because the repairs are so high. Bummer! Anyhow, I still have my 4 other machines and can still hunt the beaches while I wait for payday. Just can't dive with any of the others. I have had mine back 3 times but for a 21 year old machine I guess that's not to bad. Still a lot of gold-n-stuff laying about out there. I aim to head for the keys when the repairs are finished and I get this monster boat fueled up. 500 gallons of fuel bites. I need to find a good gold bar. That's it..... Gold's Bar. Thar's a lot of gold awaitin'. Where's Me Grog? :laughing9: :coffee2:
Thar's gold in that thar Sunrise. Purdy, Huh?

Attachments

• 1969 Carri Craft 57 00054.jpg
    1969 Carri Craft 57 00054.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 230

Dick Stout

Mar 23, 2006
Southwest
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bob has been around some time, and is one of the best when it comes to repairs. He's also a great guy. Will always treat you farily and honestly. Highly recommend him.

DS

www.stoutstandards.com

OP
OP
DanFL1962

DanFL1962

Jan 8, 2010
Lawrence County, PA & Brevard County, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & BHID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Dick,

I clicked on your link, never saw your website before. Enjoyed your Research section. Keep up the good work!

Dan

Dick Stout

Mar 23, 2006
Southwest
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks Dan...appreciate it.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ill agree Centreville is a great place to deal with i broke my year old Whites pin pointer and sent it to them for repair along with 6.00 bucks for shipping in 5 days i received a brand new one :thumbsup: Dd60

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"

Dwight S said:
HCW said:

Nope, Beach Hunter ID...

I could understand the confusion..
Thank You.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread