Does anyone trade what they found?

B

Bev

I had a nice experience trading my old root beer bottle to Bob for an old arrowhead he's had since he was a little boy.
:sign13: Is there a call for a forum that gives people a chance to trade what they have? If no one responds to my ad for that Black Hills Gold ring I found, I'd like to maybe trade it for something of similar value. People could include a note about the item like when, where, and by whom it was found so that the story stays with the piece. If this is absolutely taboo, then I'll delete the topic!
Bev

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I trade some things once in a while, but it's for cash. :-X

I only have interest to collect what I find so for me every find is a keeper or seller with no in between. Trades in general are much lower % deals because both sides have to want what the other has, something not easy to do with such a limited amount of potential traders on one forum, on a fairly small site like this.

OP
OP
B

Bev

Ok then, I'll keep that in mind. It makes sense too.

S

stefen

Iron Patch said:
I trade some things once in a while, but it's for cash. :-X

I only have interest to collect what I find so for me every find is a keeper or seller with no in between. Trades in general are much lower % deals because both sides have to want what the other has, something not easy to do with such a limited amount of potential traders on one forum, on a fairly small site like this.

Trades are unique in that regardless of monetary value, each participant in a trade must feel satisfied with the trade when the deal is complete...

For instance, I'm willing to trade a CW saddle for an arrowhead and ax collection...whereas I could sell the saddle and spent the money to purchase a collection...

Besides , there is a certain enjoyment in trading...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread