Personal Experience with Kellyco

Electrocute

Jul 9, 2010
Texas
I ordered a Fisher F2 for my fiancee so she can have something to use and can go out with me. I placed the order on a Tuesday, requested 3 day shipping (hoping to get by the Friday). Well the website stated that I would be sent a confirmation email with my purchased. Waited the entire day with no confirmation. Had to call and get a confirmation sent to me. I was told the unit would not arrive till Monday ( I'm ok with it, but wouldn't of gotten 3 day in this case). Also I have yet to get a tracking number. I emailed them yesterday asking for a confirmation number, and its been approximately 24 hours with no response. I can't even log into the kellyco site under my account. I was looking to purchase something else but can't log in. So far my issues with the website/service has been less than satisfactory.

jgo

Greenie
Aug 29, 2010
I had a similar experience. Placed an order over the phone. Didn't receive any email confirmation/invoice for the order. Had to call to get confirmation sent to me. However, they did ship the order the day after I called in the order. Later I created an account and placed an online order for an SEF coil. Their website gives the impression that you can track your order, but I never received any tracking information for the SEF coil order - only an "order completed" email notice.

Not the best service, but altogether not the worst.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been good to me, but I just live down the road... I just hate when ya look at the site, and then go there... OUTTA STOCK!!! Can't they update their site so I don't have to drive for nothing... :dontknow:

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Electrocute, PM and email sent.

We are working on improving our order process to eliminate the difficulties our customers are encountering. Posts like this help us identify problem areas.
Thanks.

If there's anything I can help anyone with, please contact me and I will do my best to assist you.

Ms. Blaze

Truffleshuffle

Sep 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
jgo said:
I had a similar experience. Placed an order over the phone. Didn't receive any email confirmation/invoice for the order. Had to call to get confirmation sent to me. However, they did ship the order the day after I called in the order. Later I created an account and placed an online order for an SEF coil. Their website gives the impression that you can track your order, but I never received any tracking information for the SEF coil order - only an "order completed" email notice.

Not the best service, but altogether not the worst.
I have had similar experience as well. I just bought my first detecter a ace 250 There was a issue with the order but it was stragitend out. I never got my tracking information or anything sent to me by email. I even emailed to get it but I never recived a responce. I had to call the customer service number to get it. I don;t like there email notification service but I do like there customer service over the phone the people over the phone seem to be on the ball most of the time and tops on my list of customer service I have had to deal with on the phone.

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
i've ordered several items from kellyco and have had great service everytime, sometimes my confirmations have been sent into my "spam" mail so i always make sure i check that. shipping has always been very fast and so far everything has been in stock. i haven't found anyone to beat their prices so far or their customer service. (and no i don't work for them ;D)

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dogpound said:
i've ordered several items from kellyco and have had great service everytime, sometimes my confirmations have been sent into my "spam" mail so i always make sure i check that. shipping has always been very fast and so far everything has been in stock. i haven't found anyone to beat their prices so far or their customer service. (and no i don't work for them ;D)

If you'll put Kellyco's email address in your "Contacts" folder of your email app, that should stop their messages from being shuffled to the SPAM folder.

teleman 2525

Bronze Member
May 9, 2010
newport vermont
Detector(s) used
whites xlt minelab explorer se pro
i live in vermont dont work for them orded lots of stuff from them no trouble whats so ever fast service nice folks to talk to on the phone ordered se pro and bunch of other stuff litle while ago 1800 dollars worth fast service got a pistol pro pinpointer it sucked not thiere fault got a sand scoop it broke 2sd time out my fault not calling to let them know and give chance resolve issue in short i would reckonmend the to any one who asked great company anyone that big will get issues time to time but they seem to try and fix them

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have bought several detectors and some equipment from Kellyco and have only had one problem. I always ask for and talk to Wanda and she fixes me up most of the time if she can. She even let me do a little switching on some of the "extras" that come with a detector. After all how many digging aprons, Pakistani cheap steel digging knives, etc can a guy use? :wink: The only problem I ever had was when I ordered a small coil for my Minelab Safari and found out only after I had sent in my order and waited a week or so that it was backordered and wasn't in stock even when I ordered. They really need an orderly process for their IT man or personnel, whoever to upgrade the site daily. This would save a lot of the problems. All in all I am pretty satisfied with their operation. Monty

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
S.S.Tupperware said:
Been good to me, but I just live down the road... I just hate when ya look at the site, and then go there... OUTTA STOCK!!! Can't they update their site so I don't have to drive for nothing... :dontknow:

I call before I go, you know, that old fashioned way!

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a Minelab knife from Kellyco last year. The first or second time I used it, it
bent in half like the cheap Chinese metal that it was made of.
I emailed Kellyco expecting some type of response. None. Nada. Zip.

I have heard stories of Kellyco treating their customers like this, but never figured it would happen to me,....but it did.

Then, I emailed Minelab and told them my story.
Kinda funny, but they sent me two new knives (the same kind that bent in the first place), a couple of patches and a plastic coffee
mug (that later came apart in the dishwasher) without me even asking for anything.

Even though I would have rather just gotten back my original $$$,
I did appreciate Minelab's outstanding performance when compared to Kellyco's.

I still buy stuff at Kellyco, but no longer expect any kind of service from them. When I can find the same things other places for just a few bucks more, I will buy from the other places because I REMEMBER how I was treated.

slowNsteady

Mar 26, 2010
Broken Arrow, OK
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter, Fisher 1220 1225 F2 F4, BH Land Star, Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero
How did this turn out? Hope everything worked out for you. I've had generally good dealings with Kellyco. The only maybe a problem was a coil cover that I ordered. Wasn't in stock so I waited. Finally I got tired of waiting and ordered one from Whites. It arrived in 4 days. About 3 weeks later the cover arrived from Kellyco. I had forgotten about it and was surprised. I think they could turn 95% of their complaints around just by having some way to post out of stock on the website. Anyone need a coil cover for a beach hunter ID?

AnOldPro

Jan 14, 2007
Northern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266XB & CZ6
Heh.. heh.... do you suppose ol' Stu Auerbach's money pile has gotten so big over the years it takes up all his time counting it leaving him with little time to see to such irritating trivialities like customer service any more?

Where are all the great detector-user dealers that SPECIALIZED in customer service that was second to none back in the 70's? Stu put em' out of business by mail-order discounting. A truly great American "success" story of destroying your competition and building your empire on their graves. Sadly, the kind of customer service that detector users need and want also died with the businesses of those great local dealers.

You "feed the beast" fellows and you should not be surprised when he bites your hand.

DC

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think that treasure net is Kellco's bread and butter. I can imagine them losing as much as they gain. Customer service should be the most important parts of any successful operation :icon_sunny:

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been to Kellyco several times. I think you're making them sound much more successful than they likely are. Anyway, if you're worried about customer service, you can stop shopping at the crap-marts and bull-depots of the world. They create more damage to the American dream than Kellyco could muster in several lifetimes.

If there was so much money rolling in, they wouldn't be selling stone lawn statues on the side of the building too.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JackInFlorida said:
I've been to Kellyco several times. I think you're making them sound much more successful than they likely are. Anyway, if you're worried about customer service, you can stop shopping at the crap-marts and bull-depots of the world. They create more damage to the American dream than Kellyco could muster in several lifetimes.

If there was so much money rolling in, they wouldn't be selling stone lawn statues on the side of the building too.

I also have been there, been there many, many times since I live in Orlando. It sorta sounds like your making them less successful then they are, they are the largest Metal Detecting store in the world. I have been there shopping and listen to the constant in coming phone calls they take from all over the US as well as international calls placing orders.

Concrete ornaments sell quite well.....

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
I also have been there, been there many, many times since I live in Orlando. It sorta sounds like your making them less successful then they are, they are the largest Metal Detecting store in the world.

Whatever Treasure_Hunter, I'm not bad mouthing them, I bought most of my new equipment there. My point is that mail order houses playing the price game have been around for 100 years. There are people who buy from them, there are those that buy from local dealers. They are a local dealer for me too, so I go. If they were further, I would probably go somewhere else.

Jack

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JackInFlorida said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
I also have been there, been there many, many times since I live in Orlando. It sorta sounds like your making them less successful then they are, they are the largest Metal Detecting store in the world.

Whatever Treasure_Hunter, I'm not bad mouthing them, I bought most of my new equipment there. My point is that mail order houses playing the price game have been around for 100 years. There are people who buy from them, there are those that buy from local dealers. They are a local dealer for me too, so I go. If they were further, I would probably go somewhere else.

Jack

Jack, I did not mean to appear to be attacking you, I just know they are very large and very busy. While a lot of their business may be mail order, they get a lot of walk in business as well, and I have spent a lot of time there looking at various detectors, accessories and their displays when I go to get something I need.....

I have the luxury of picking it up in person.........

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
white's classic lll SL minelab excalibur II Explorer-s
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i also go there in person. not only do they have everything out on display but they have a museum to look at!!
they should charge to go in!!
Wanda helps me out most times!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread