whites 6000di pro hammering my dfx - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: whites 6000di pro hammering my dfx

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2003
    Dodge City Kansas
    XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
    186 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: whites 6000di pro hammering my dfx

I think the issue about the FCC regulating power output was addressed. They do not regulate the power but that it's a balancing act between not enough power and too much power. Too much power makes the minerals much stronger making too much power actually giving less depth. Something to that effect.

Now you have to admit that having dual frequencies will get you more depth at a salt beach right? OK then that is just one example of new technology, on the DFX, giving more depth.

We also can agree that certain frequencies will give better depth under certain conditions right? Lower frequencies have the potential to give better ground penetration, under the right conditions, that the basic general purpose 6 KHZ to 8 KHZ of the older machines. Also, higher frequencies have the potential to give better depth, under the right conditions, than the older standard general purpose 6 KHZ to 8 KHZ. Again another example of new technology having at least the potential for better depth than the older technology.

There are just simple basic impossible to contest technologies that say newer technology should go deeper under the right conditions. You can't just ignore that facts. Oh, and the DFX has all of these technologies. Dislike the DFX all you want, and your experience may have been terrible, but there is a reason many like myself feel the DFX is far superior to any older and most newer machines. These simple facts listed above may help explain why.

As far as both the E-Trac and V3i I have no doubt what so ever that they are far deeper than any detector I've used or put them up against. Anyone who cares to put it to the test is welcome to come to dodge and I'll be happy to take you to school. Not being arrogant just very confident.
    The real treasure is in the hunt....

us
    Sep 2008
    Magnolia, TEXAS
    Whites MXT Pro, M6, 6x10 DD, 4x6 DD
    1 times

A whites dealer, here in town, sells all the whites machines...but he doesn't use them. His machine of choice is the XL Pro. He swears by it. His next in line machine is the MXT. Do I see knobs and not programs
    Metal detecting is like marrage...The better you listen the better the rewards.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10047 times
    Banner Finds (4)

little twig, well then your dealer's choice of machines is very telling. Because if I'm not mistaken the XL Pro is sort of a re-packaged version of ........ essentially ...... the 6000 Di pro (in a smaller digital box, etc...). So basically, your dealer is confirming the point of the DFX vs the 6000 Di pro.

us
    Mar 2003
    Dodge City Kansas
    XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
    186 times

I really don't see the point of what some dealer might choose to use. I can have any detector I want and I've probably tried as many as most dealers, and I choose to use my MXT or DFX. Not so much that I think they are better than any other, but that I'm more familiar and comfortable with them than any other. And we all know experience with any detector proves to be more productive than anything else.
    The real treasure is in the hunt....

us
    Aug 2010
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Minelab E-Trac, Ace 250, Garrett PP, Lesche
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I know someone with a 6000 D they are thinking of selling any offer's?
    Roger "NoNeck" Holloway
    Minelab E-Trac, Ace 250, Garrett PP, Lesche

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10047 times
    Banner Finds (4)

No neck, don't get the older 6000 d's mixed up with the 6000 di pro. There was a long slow evolution of the 6000d, which started in 1978. The one that's still competetive, is only the last one, which is specifically the 6000 di pro. It has a black box (as opposed to the earlier blue boxes), and a 950 coil (as opposed to the earlier white solid coils).

us
    Stuck Behind the Iron Curtain in Occupied Soviet California..:(

Nov 2006
    In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern California
    Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. , , Garrett Pro Pointer
    4162 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by BARGuy
    And folks wonder why I'm still swingin' my old "heavy" analog 'tector with an MXT in the closet!

DR
    I think the same could be said of the older Fisher CZ series with its analog/needle display verses the newer Fisher F series detectors. Analog just seems a little more stable and accurate, deeper too.
    Hunting San Francisco Bay Area since 1985

Aug 2018
    1 times
    Couldn’t have said it better.... I changed to the digital world in the mid 90s... it has taken me 15 years to realize... analog audio discrimination is unsurpased
    Texas Jay likes this.

us
    dirt dog

Mar 2014
    upstate ny
    whites dfx,xlt,idx,prism,tm 808,fisher gold bug,1280x,xp deuse
    161 times
    digger speaks the truth.the dfx kicks ass.its all in the settings.if you don't know how to tweek it to get the most out of it you need to practice practice practice.my xlt,dfx keep up with the best of them and I usually do better because I know my machine and what it will do.get advice and start reading up on the dfx,and tweeking it and you will be amazed at the difference.factory settings are very weak.just for beginners to get started.

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    2598 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I tweaked and tweaked, could not get depth out of my DFX. I thought it was defective and took it back to the dealer for an exchange. I talked to a White’s tech. I not a complete dummy, I used to write technical service manuals for certain navy electronics. Still have it, rarely use it. I like old deep coins.

us
    Ed

Jul 2018
    Eastern Connecticut
    Garrett AT Pro Garrett Ace 400 Garrett Pro Pointer
    2021 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    The 6000 Di pro. was and is a very good detector. That generation of 6000 came out in the very early 1990s, as I recall, and there are a lot of hunters that ...... to this day .... refuse to switch. Some of them, for example, switched over to machines like the XLT came out, just *assuming* that "newer meant better". But they switched back to their 6000 Di pro's. There was just something about that bouncing needle, that experienced users learned a lot of target info. from. And as far as depth: with all due respect to the DFX, I think that the depth will be about the same, for standard coin/relic hunting, when comparing the 6000 Di pro to the DFX.

There are coin/relic/jewelry machines that will go deeper than the 6000 Di pro (the explorer, for instance), but the DFX, with all due respect, is not one of them.
    Actually the 600di pro came out in the 80's because I bought mine in 1984. It was eventually replaced by the Eagle which came out in 1988. Had both of those detectors and they found a ton of goodies over the years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links