North Texas People.

Silenthunter

Sep 30, 2010
McKinney, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
I am interested in getting with folks from North Texas area, mainly Collin, Denton Counties. I am new to detecting, and looking for some locations to hunt besides a park or school ground. I experienced this hobby when younger and now purchased a new Bounty Hunter II and would like to put it thru its paces and see what i can discover. Please feel free to post or email me of any information. Also looking for folks interested in hunting together.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I am also in the McKinney area, and began detecting back in May of this year. I would really enjoy hooking up with you and finding some places to hunt. I've been real slow about getting out of my own yard here at home to hunt, and it's time to explore. My time is very flexible, it's the places to hunt freely that is my problem, and it's sort of a lonely hobby all by ones self. Give me a shout sometime. martin

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
S.E. of town on 246 was a farm house upon a hill. It had a "Delco" house on the side next to the front porch. The glass batteries were still in the Delco house and the white oak ice box was in the back room. In the 20's a deranged grandmother was watching her grandkids when she emptied a jar from the mantel that contained the whole family savings into her apron and climbed through the open window and went around back. She returned without the money. When the parents returned and found out what happened, they searched for the money. It was never found. The speculate that she poured it down one of the many weather cracks in the dirt. My source, the grandson, says it was the "seed" money. $26.00 in silver and one gold $5 piece
The last time I searched the property was during the Manson murder trails. Probably a condo with tennis courts now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread