Get A Business Card Made For MD, Prospecting, Etc.

SushiDog

Oct 5, 2010
Sacramento, California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark (Under water unit)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some very simple business cards made with my name, address and phone number on the front, and the Basic Ten Commandments for MD'ing on the back....you will be surprised how impressed the person will be when you identify yourself, consider you to be responsible, and more than likely give you permission to prospect their property....SushiDog

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a great idea. What are your ten commandments that you have printed on the back?

OP
OP
SushiDog

SushiDog

Oct 5, 2010
Sacramento, California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can find the Ten Commandments, as well as Gold Facts at the bottom of the page on this website:
http://www.quartzsitemetaldetectingclub.com/
The second to last information block from the bottom of the page will be Gold Facts, and the last information block will be the Ten Commandments....I think the Gold Facts info will be appreciated by a lot of people as well because I have heard many questions in several posts with respect to this info....
I believe what this "business card" does is make the property owner very comfortable because they have your name, address and phone number if you have done something wrong....and oh yeah, I forgot to put my email address on the original cards, and this would be a great piece of info as well...
There are many other spin-off's as well....if someone has a family member that has lost something, they will call you...I am glad this post has helped someone like yourself, and that's what this is all about, right? Enjoy!....SushiDog

Gunny71

Jan 14, 2009
Texas by Gawd
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the business card idea, and am going to print some.
The "10 commandments" have a few to many "thou shalts's" in it, so I will find an alternative.
Great idea!

OP
OP
SushiDog

SushiDog

Oct 5, 2010
Sacramento, California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah! Make the card unique to suit you the best....this will be your "key" to unlocking a lot of previous skeptical property owners....I believe you can make some very inexpensive cards at a Kinko store if one is nearby....Also! I will tell you what else I do if I want to search a place in public....I bought a white construction hard hat (white color signifies a supervisor or someone more important than a different color hard hat), and along the left and right sides of the hard hat (which would be directly over your ears while wearing it), I put some small decals on it with numbers and letters making it look I was associated with some government agency....and then I wear an orange construction vest....people don't even come up to me and ask me what I am doing because when they see these goofy numbers and letters in black on the side of my hard hat, they just assume I am from a local, state or federal agency....I came up with this idea of putting on black letters and numbers when I saw some construction guys wearing the name of the company on the side of their hard hat....trust me, this works like a charm!....I wish you well my friend....SushiDog

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found out I have a printing program that came with my computer that will print business cards. I didn't even know I had it! My son who is an IT pro showed it to me recently. He says I am electronicaly challenged. :tongue3: Monty

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
A most excellent post Sushidog! Thank you for these tips, they will definitely be helpful! :hello2: :headbang:

My hat is off to you, sir. :notworthy:

OP
OP
SushiDog

SushiDog

Oct 5, 2010
Sacramento, California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all of the posts.....this is what a Forum is all about....sharing and kicking around idea's that just might help someone out....with respect to the business card....it's your card, so make it your own and have fun with it....take the ten most important things to you, and make them your commandments....why even have ten? I have really enjoyed this website because I am in the midst of some very thoughtful, creative and heart warming people...I am privileged to be associated with everyone here...SushiDog

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got mine business cards on line for $3.95 and that was for 500 cards. So check around and you can get them pretty cheap.....Matt

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried the biz cards about 20 years ago. Not too productive then. I did find out though, the "soft" sell worked good. That is to say, instead of opening with a card, close the conversation with a card. "Give me a call". "Let me know if I can help (find that ring)". Etc. TTC

OP
OP
SushiDog

SushiDog

Oct 5, 2010
Sacramento, California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Where on the Internet did you get such a deal on the business cards? Things have changed over the past 20 years, and when you can identify yourself with a business card and other form of I.D., it really makes a difference to the property owner, but to each his own....SushiDog

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I found that a lot of people are suspicious of your intentions. most of the time I wind up telling them "I'm not here to sell you anything" then they start to loosen up

OP
OP
SushiDog

SushiDog

Oct 5, 2010
Sacramento, California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will Google the "free business cards" and I will also Google "$3.99 business cards" and see what happens....if I come up with a place that seems reputable, I will post it here....perhaps this will not work for me because I have both sides printed which costs a little more....it's been a long time since I had cards printed at Kinko's, but will post any deal that I find here....SushiDog

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread