need help here

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If lower frequencies go deeper how can a higher frequencies read it....So a small flake of gold down deep.... a high freq will miss it, and a low frequencies will give you the wrong information on whats in the ground,,,and if the high frequencies goes deeper in high mineral soil the lower frequencies is not going to penetrate to go deep.....or is there some thing I'm missing here....that's WY i would think a pulse is a better detector... your not playing these silly little head GAMES....My detector told me it was silver.... liftloop

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your question is confusing me. For one thing higher frequencies report on gold better than low ones. They both penatrate the ground to the same depth, it is the way the ground matrix affects them. You can't rely on meters or screens to tell you what is there. The main reasone PI's are ther better choice for gold nuggets is the minerals in the ground don't bother them as much so they go deeper with more gain. Hope this helps.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Your question is confusing me. For one thing higher frequencies report on gold better than low ones. They both penatrate the ground to the same depth, it is the way the ground matrix affects them. You can't rely on meters or screens to tell you what is there. The main reasone PI's are ther better choice for gold nuggets is the minerals in the ground don't bother them as much so they go deeper with more gain. Hope this helps.
:icon_scratch:

Sandman, Pi's better for Gold nuggets, wasn't the Tesoro LST designed for Gold Nuggets :icon_scratch: it's not a PI, I thought Pi's were better for coastal finds :dontknow: or was the poster refering to Beach finds :dontknow:
he said his detector was telling him Silver, no problem you would dig it anyway :icon_scratch: I agree with you about screens :-\ if it sounds good in the phones dig it :thumbsup:

SS

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm even more confusing in person....Thanks sandman!

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A PI unit has better penetration in any mineralized matrix. The salt in sea water is a mineral. On a VLF machine, the higher the frequency (to a point) the better it will detect the lower conductivity metals, such as gold. I think :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread